Monday 13 March 2017

MartinC: Things I've been avoiding and Things I forgot I had (145 points)

As we approach the end of the challenge I'm at the top of the points board, although Miles and Eric are breathing down my neck and if either drops a bomb then it's going to be very very close. Dave's rebuilding his man cave and is temporarily hors de combat.
My painting this year started very well but dipped in the middle as I searched for inspiration. With that in mind my next unit has been in the pile for a while but I needed to do them justice

10th Bengal lancers - Perry. OK sculpts. The chests are messy


Bengal Lancers Officer - I've painted him as a Natal Mtd Carabinier as uniform is the same and I needed one



Pack Camel. This was out of a scrap bag from DaveD and I added some large bottles and barrels

2 Greek light Cav - Northstar lucky bag

My next submission was supposed to be for the last bonus round but I forgot I had them

The Angel gang - bought during the Warlord end of range sale. Love the Angel  Gang, mainly cos I also have a Surly setting

Points wise that is 11 cav, 1 animal and 5 infantry = 140 points. This meagre total should make the last week tight

MilesR: Another varied submission from Martin and one with with he pads his considerable lead for first place this year.  I am afraid I need to override your point total - all that baggage on the cable makes it worth 10 not 5 points, so that brings this submission to a tidy 145 points. - Well Done!

31 comments:

  1. Cheers Miles. If I don't come first can I win the prize for the worst photographer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we also may be vieing for that prize also!

      Delete
    2. I always use the line "I want to be involved, not an observer

      Delete
  2. Oh man - I really like those Bengal Lancers. They are on my list of "units I really want to paint one day" (which is a strong contributor to the "huge pile of stuff I purchased for some reason", but anyway). Whatever issues the sculpts gave you, they sure turned out great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great poses and generally good casts, just a mould release issue. Cheers

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers mate, next week's is even randomer

      Delete
  4. An interesting mix of miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice mixed bag of figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work Martin! Those Bengal Lancers are tasty and I like your Surly Angel Gang. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, nice to finish with some stuff. Hopefully last batch will rock

      Delete
  7. These are all ace figures, but the Lancers are my favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great variety of figures - lovely work Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully eclectic collection Martin! I do like the Bengal Lancers most though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mean Machine turns it up to 4!
    "Hey Pa we got ourselves a painting maniac here."
    Fink gets his best Pizen.

    Excellent variety. Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bengal lancers are the pick of the bunch, great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Martin. I love the lancers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with Peter, I love the lancers, but all so well done. Can't have enough camels in this year's AHPC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice mixture, Martin! I truly like them all, but the Bengal Lancers are my favorite of the lot. Probably my favorite cav regiment of all time as well. You painted them up excellently too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was much younger my Dad always said he was a Bengal Lancer

      Delete