Tuesday 30 January 2018

From: BrettM - Walking Dead Expansions, Part 1

Finally got around to painting the extras from the Walking Dead miniatures game I got from the kick starter Mantic did.

This is about 1/3 of the minis from 3 expansions that they had with the kickstarter.

 Only know I think one character out of all these that I painted. Haven't kept up with the show and never did read the comics. Would be nice to one day though.
 

 I jumped on this kickstarter when they launched it due to my love of walking dead at the time and well of course Zombie things. Have still yet to even try the game out.

The guy in the middle is Glen from the show and comics.

The guy in the middle on this pic is Tyreese? I think?? Had to get something out to boost him up for the camera. Good looking mini when seen in person. Didn't take to much time on these guys. Just base coats and some army painter washes. I think they turned out pretty well though. Seeing how they are just board game type minis. I have 15 of them at 28mm for a total points of 75

Now Brett, don't sell yourself short "just base coats and army painter washes" they really look good to me! Sometimes we need figures done quick to get them on the table and yes that means putting less detail on them than we would like, but from these I would not be able to see you do so, I like them a lot. I am more a Van Helsing (both movie and series) guy rather than Walking Dead but it's iconic status will not have escaped anyone out there. Are you planning to do a game soon? Will you brief us as to your findings on playing it and perhaps some shots with these guys in action?

Anyway, yes 75 points will be added to your Z-kill ratio this evening ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Great, I dd my zombies the same way. look fantastic and loads of quick points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Brett. The pitchfork seems appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great bunch of Post Apoc survivors Brett. I picked up some of the Walking Dead terrain at Crisis as it's such a great value for what you get. I think your paintjobs are very good (washes really are a godsend, aren't they). Will we see some of the zombies soon?

    (PS: The graphic novel is better than the TV show.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bunch of survivors!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figures. Very nice sculpts and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work, Brett! I got the starter game for my daughter at Adepticon. She won't let me paint em though! It is a very fun game and you most certainly painted them up very well!

    ReplyDelete