Thursday 14 March 2019

From NoelW for Thursday: The manic fumble to the finish post 2: (180 points)


You will remember, I'm sure, that one of my infinite number of projects is building a force of WOTR orcs. (That's "War of the Ring" orcs, not to be confused with "Wars of the Roses" oiks - or Lancastrians, as they're better known).

“How could I possibly forget?” I hear you cry, enraptured.

Well, seeing as how you loved the previous ones so much (or did you? And, if you did like them so very excessively, why didn’t you add a paragraph of elegant effusions to the Comments? Eh? Eh?) – I say, seeing as you are so desperately keen to see 32 more orcs exactly like those other ones, who am I to object?

Well, when you've seen one ork, you've pretty much seen them all. So here's one:


And here's them all:



And a quick not quite close-up (it doesn't do to get too close to orcs.)


And now, as it's clear you are so keen on them, with the infinite generosity of my heart, here's a bonus, an Orcish scorpio*

Firstly a rubbish photo (the blighters are camera shy):


And now one where you can almost see the subject matter:


That’s 34 orcs and 1 artillery piece: 180 points

*(Scorpios are, astrologically, likely to get wound up, fly off the handle and make pointed, arrowing remarks. Apologies if you're a Scorpio, but you know it's true).**

**(for other notes on scorpios, see previous post).

Nasty orcsis! They've come out rather well, I like the mix of earth colours and the singular scorpio is excellent!

All the best Iain 

8 comments:

  1. Once again you put the rest of us to shame with your posts of large numbers of nicely painted minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't expect a paragraph of elegant effusions from me, but I really like your interpretation of Sauron's PBI. Even if they are not from Lancaster. Or York, for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great horde Noel, clearly the age of the Orc has come!

    ReplyDelete