Thursday 16 January 2020

From DarrellH Andalusian Noble Cavalry 125Pts

Darrell H

Painting for 11th Century Spanish Reconquista Game at Partixan 2020:

12 28mm Mounted Miniatures

So, after a month of medical incidents in the family I've finally got around to getting my first Analogue Painting Challenge unit painted, varnished and ready for view! Hurrah! I do have other units painted up  for this army but they were completed before the start date of the Challenge.

Andalusian Noble Cavalry part of the armies that will be gracing the table as a demo game at Partizan in May this year in an 11th Century Spanish Reconquista game.

I won't mention just which battle just yet, partly because I'm stuck between two choices and an article in the certain wargames magazine is pushing me more towards going another route so as not to be repetitive.







Welcome on board, these were certainly worth the wait. These are beautiful and there is so serious shield on flag work. If you can add your name and a points tally in your future posts I may be more generous. As it is I get 12 Cavalry for 120 pts plus 5 for the shield and flags

31 comments:

  1. Ho. Ly. Crap. These sorts of submissions cause me to want to drop everything and try to start new periods...they look amazing, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      My advice, in so far as I don't follow(!), would be to stick to one project at a time. Which I have miraculously managed to do..... thus far! :)

      Delete
  2. Superb job on these, nice and clean. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, gorgeous work. Well worth the wait. Welcome to Challenge X Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. I'm looking forward to popping in with quite a lot of units. The whole 11th Century Spain thing is rapidly becoming an obsession!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. No doubt they would be very pleased to be called handsome lol

      Delete
  5. Very well done! They look absolutely gorgeous,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I'm talking about! Units like this are the reason the hobby is so exciting. (Hope to see it on the table in May).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Noel, oh, and I'm really hoping that it graces Partizan too! Lots to do!

      Delete
  7. They look gorgeous. Where are the models from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the case of this unit they are all from Musketeer miniatures (now Footsore). I bought them a long time ago and Bill popped in an unreleased model so the unit is kind of unique- or rather one twelfth of it is lol

      Delete
  8. Very good paintjob, I like the shield designs! Although it will probably say something like "no littering"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what it says but the designs are based on actual verses from the Koran. You've got me wondering now though!

      Delete
  9. Very impressive caliphal cavalry, even el Cid would be terrified

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He won't be coming out to play I'm afraid. Alfonso VI of Leon and Castile will be standing in his stead. He was, probably with some irony, nicknamed "The Brave" and "The Valiant" though he lost most of his battles!

      Delete
  10. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement :)

    If you have any questions, please fire away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work Darrell. Lovely crisp lines and bright colours. I'm looking forward to more of this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I'm working on some Hasham Guard now.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous arab cavalry ,lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work Darryl, I may see you at Partizan, plan to be back in the UK for a week or two in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great Paul. It's been a while..... Back to the painting! I've been at it all weekend!

      Delete