Sunday 9 February 2020

From PaulSS: Confederate 12lbr Howitzer (30 points)


Following on from the 10lbr Rifle that I finished earlier this week is another Confederate artillery piece, this time a 12lbr Howitzer also from the  Perry Miniatures American Civil War Artillery set.

We are playing a Longstreet campaign and one of my batteries has just acquired an howitzer, so it was a good excuse to get one painted.


On this model #2 is just about to put the shell in the barrel while #1 stands ready with the rammer to send it home. #3 is blocking the vent while #4 stands ready to attach the lanyard. You can do some quite dynamic poses with these Perry plastics.


Looking at the pictures though I did note that some dust had stuck to the rammers hat and made an unsightly string when the dull-cote was applied, fortunately I was able to pick this off so no damage done.

Four 28mm foot and a gun should add me 30pts to my total.

Lovely work Paul, I like the differences between the regulation and campaign dresses in your gun crews.  I also really like the Perry poses on their gun teams.  Be they metal or plastic, they sets allow you to put together a team that's actually working as a team.  Very nice basing and I like the gleam on the brass barrel.

19 comments:

  1. Another jolly nice gun and crew Paul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fine looking piece of ordnance Paul! I'm sure it'll give those Yankees something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking artillery piece and crew!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very dynamic looking crew and cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the Perry's probably make the best gun crews available, their figures always fully interact with the pieces in a sensible realistic way. You have, yet again, made the most/ best out of them: what a brilliant little vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mismatched outfits on the crew look spot on, very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fine looking reb artillery piece!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete