Monday 9 March 2020

From PaulSS - A beat-up old lugger beaches on Reidy's Reef (50 Points)


I was lucky enough to win one of the Threshold Prizes last year and Alf at Barrage Miniatures kindly provided a voucher for some of his great stuff.

I dilly-dallied a while and eventually ordered myself a trio of boats including a couple of the 30-Foot Clinker Boats for my collection.


These are superb castings with lots of good detail on the boat, but I wanted to add a bit more, so a mast was created from some dowel, with a sail of PVA coated tissue paper. A bench was added from thin plywood and a few crates from a Great Escape Games 'Fistful of baggage' pack.

Paint job was quite simple, from a dark brown primer a couple of highlights, while a couple of the brass-bound crates were done as oak and the lighter one done as pine. A wool-pack completes the cargo. The sail was done in a dirty white colour.


I kept it as neutral as possible so that the boat would be useful across many gaming periods

Scoring wise, I think that at about 20cm long it should likely count as a 28mm vehicle, so with the bonus for Reidy's Reef should come to a total of 50 points.

***

Great work Paul - the extra bits really take it to another level.  50 points for you sir!

GregB

15 comments: