Monday 9 March 2020

From BrettM: A Knights Tale (35 Points)


 Taking Sarah's Balloon to Millsy's Millpond



 I have always been fascinated by miniatures. The dioramas people create and of course the figures. I finally picked up my first paint brush and miniature in 1993-94 I think? Might have been 95. Not having any idea what I was doing and none of my friends interested I just started slathering on random paints I found at the hobby town USA where it all started. Now they don't even sell Minis last time I went in there. 
 Over the years I stopped painting and lost all my stuff. To this day I have no idea what happened to the tackle box I had everything in. This however was the one Mini I remember the most from those days. I fell in love with the shield. However it was a love hate relationship. I painstakingly tried to paint the interwoven parts on the shield. I remember messing up and repainting that damn shield at least 50 times.
So when I found this guy on eBay I bought him immediately.So I could enjoy some nostalgia while painting him up. The shield this time took me no time at all. I am also baffled at how it took me so long to paint the thing years back. It does represent at least to me my intro into the hobby and all the memories and fun I have had since.

I am not sure when this mini was produced.  Point wise we have Millsy's Millpond for +30 points and the Figure for +5 points.

***
Great work Brett - I think all of us have memories of initial figures that took us down the path of this wonderful hobby. How cool that you were able to find this fellow on eBay - certainly I wish I could find more of the plastic "Imperial Army" figures that got me started in the early 1990s. In fact, I might go rummage through my pile just to see if I can find one...

35 points for you!

GregB


5 comments: