Monday 9 March 2020

From PhilH: Taking the Balloon (40 Points)

Time is short and I need to make a whistle-stop tour of the island. But first, I could really do with a balloon trip, if it please the Lady Sarah.


This cautious lady is a citizen from TTCombat’s Carnevale. Aligned with the Guild faction, armed citizenry can join the tussling for control of the streets of Venice. 



She joins the others that I painted in the autumn. I liked the Guild faction, which reminded me very much of the excellent fantasy romp The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

Apologies for the poor lighting in this one
I of course brought something to drink on the journey. Except my wife and I just finished drinking it...hic!



To Mudry’s Mesa please M’lady!

5 for the lady figure, 30 Points location and 5 for bringing booze..

***

Amazing brush work as always Phil, just tremendous stuff.  I had the same thoughts regarding the similarity to The Lies Of Locke Lamora - such a wonderful book, so sad to see Scott Lynch flaking out on what had been a promising series. 

But back to the figure, wow, just some incredible work with the light blue and the white colours, and the base is excellent as well.  Top shelf stuff.  I'm sure Lady Sarah will be along to advise regarding travel.

GregB

26 comments:

  1. ExcelLent work Phil, I’ll give that blade a wide berth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully painted figure...outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cheers. I didn’t enjoy painting her as much as the rest of the crew, but got there in the end

      Delete
  3. Lovely figure and painting Phil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work on the blue dress, the highlighting is superb. I really like the tiles you’ve done, makes me want to repaint mine which are all a dull grey colour.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I tried to copy my brother’s bases, as he as all the terrain, but I think I went a bit light in the end.

      Bases are from an eBay seller, they’re really nice.

      Delete
  5. Some very pretty brush work Phill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful layering there Phil. Stunning.

    Yes, Carnevale definitely has a 'Lies of Locke Lamora' look about it (though the mention of the series still makes me grind my teeth as it all started so well and then spiraled into self indulgent crap by the third book.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I only get excited about the first one.

      (I’ve not read the third yet, it’s on the shelf. Hopefully it has some redeeming features)

      Delete
  7. Great work on her Phil, the painting is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work Phil! Really like her light blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning figure, the dress is fantastic and the base is the finishing touch. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emjenic. Resin bases make a nice change from my usual, for skirmish games

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous painting on your figure, the terrain is lovely and so much more colourful than mine!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas not mine, the terrain is my brother’s (and nicely done indeed)

      Delete
  11. That is a very nicely painted figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks! She came so a friend but I’ll save her for next challenge perhaps

      Delete