Tuesday 22 December 2020

Submarines Laying in Ambush: Hall of Traps 21 Points

Work and Christmas stuff has kept me too busy to do much painting, but I wanted to get at least one quick entry in before the Holiday.

I have been doing a lot of Naval games both because I enjoy them and because they are easy to do remote which is the only game in town these days.  Submarines are tricky I like to use markers for them rather than models (this was an effort form a few years ago Periscope Sighted).  

I have been meaning to make some more so this hall seemed a good excuse to make some more. I used some left over MDF prices left over from some model kits you will see latter in the Challenge.  A base painted blue a little paint and them some silicon to make them look awash with water.  They look like the conning towers of two subs laying low in the water or in the act of diving or surfacing. 

Here they are with a 1/2400 scale Destroyer.   PointsI am going to award myself 1 point for the two markers Plus the 20 points for the room. 


16 comments:

  1. Adam, your text shows on my reading list but not on the actual page. Did you do it black text on black background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great (and economical) submission!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back on the naval track! Nice ships and a cunning plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool little subs, I'm sure they'll be causing all kinds of havoc along local shipping routes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALAAAAARM!!! All hands For'ard!!!! Crash Dive the boat!!!

    ReplyDelete