Tuesday 22 December 2020

28mm Republican Allied Italian General - KenR - (20 points)

 

The Yarkshire Gamer is in da house !! Only just as well, my application email sent on the day of opening got lost in the ether and it was only an enquiry with Curt that revealed the problem, it was close but we made it !

I always like to get a cheeky entry in before Xmas Day and this year is no different. I finally (and only just) beat my techno fear and made it onto the Paint and Chat last night (until my battery ran out) which helped get these guys on the way.

So this is the start of my 28mm Italian Allied Legion for the Punic Wars, figures are from the slightly later General set from Victrix set, I've replaced the more obvious Imperial heads with spares from my Allied Legion box set.

2 x 28mm horse is 20 points which nicely gets things moving. If you don't know already my plan is for 3 General Bases, 32 Velites, 64 Hastati, 64 Principles, 32 Triari and 24 Cavalry. Maniples of 16 for the Infantry. By the end of the Challenge I'm hoping to have the bases below full.

I may even try the dungeon challenge and have some figures lined up for the first few, have a good Xmas everyone and I hope to see you after Boxing Day with some Velites.







27 comments:

  1. Excellent work this! Love the horses, especially the brown one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pair of commanders!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Iain, we ar3 up and running 👍🏼

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, horses done mid chat last night, it does work 👍🏼

      Delete
  4. A lovely start, Ken. I'm looking forward to seeing you develop this army, as my Punics are way behind yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely command stand Ken. Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter, it was a close run thing 👍🏼

      Delete
  6. Great work Ken, look forwards to seeing the legion grow over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific set of commanders Ken. I look forward to seeing this project come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt,8 Velites done today so 213 figures to go !

      Delete
  8. This is a project I'll be following throughout the challenge. Great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stuart, I will try and get to the end of it 😁
      Regards Ken R

      Delete
  9. Some serious snazzitude. Good to see the Victrix generals set up. Might inspire me to paint mine.

    ReplyDelete