Tuesday 22 December 2020

From DrQ: Sneaky Ninja Traps and an Orkmas Miracle (50 points)

Hello all! I'm new to the main challenge but did participate in the Quarantine Challenge earlier this year. In that competition I painted a fair number of chibi minis (anime style with big heads and small bodies), and I've decided to start with this motif here at the beginning of AHPC.

For the Hall of Traps I present a sneaky kunioichi from the Yamazaru Clan of Ninja All Stars, a game from Ninja Division. These ladies specialize in laying in wait to get that sweet sneak attack to unsuspecting targets—a perfect example of a trap.




Additionally, in the holiday spirit I submit a kit-bashed ork boy as my entry for the challenge, to help all know the true meaning of Orkmas. Is he bringing gifts to good little grots or lootin' from the hoomies? I think we all know the answer...




I've got about a thousand points of 40k Ork Boyz as well as a couple of big sky vessels for the Kharadron Overlords from Age of Sigmar to paint up, so you can expect to see a fair bit of geedubs out of me over the next few months. We'll see if I manage to get it all finished! I set myself the recommended rookie goal of only 300 points in the hobby challenge. 

As for scoring, I'm not great with the maths (my degree is in the liberal arts), so I think this comes to 30 points? (Nope, 50 points. ed)




11 comments:

  1. Great little chibi and the ork is, well, suitably festive while staying rather orkish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little ninja is excellent work! Sant'ork is also a great little fun piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fun pair of figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Dr Q. Looking forward to more wackiness from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forwards to more chibi from you, you captured this very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pair of cartoon style figs 👍🏼
    Regards Ken R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely figures. Don't forget to count the Ork towards the GW Minis side duel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and well-accessorized Ninja-girl🧞‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ork; confused by a ninja not in black!

    ReplyDelete