Tuesday 22 December 2020

The Rat Trap!




 Welcome once again fellow painters. As I venture into the dungeons of despair the brave adventurers enter the Hall of traps! What to do? Lots of things crossed my mind but in the end I decided I would do a homage to the old White Dwarf cut away dungeons packed with funny vignettes. The first room then was a trap. The brave but greedy Halfling thief has been tempted by the Skaven trap. Who could resist free cheese after all? But the brave Halfling does not see a rat trap, he sees free cheese and a challenge!

GW Skaven and an ancient Halfling I think from Ral Partha? The dungeon is made of foam underlay scored with a biro and dry brushed up.





So I reckon that’s 3 x 28mm figures @5 points each

A rat and a swimming Skaven plus set I’ll @5 points

Challenge completed @20 points

So let’s make it 40 points as my first entry. Expect more dungeons and some very very very small things later!

Cheers

Mark Backhouse


14 comments:

  1. Nice vignette! Good work on the stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Mark and super atmospheric. Ral Partha halfling?! Big score for Old School!

    FYI: I gave you an additional 20 points for the excellent terrain piece as well. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free Cheese, I'm in 👍🏼

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cutting about the cheese, hey? Ok, that was bad. This submission certainly is not; well done that man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vignette. Always good to see skaven cut down to size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking vignette! Excellent old school halflings and skaven!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Mark, hope to see more of your work over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing entry. The stonework looks great and the minis are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am quite jealous of that stonework. Please share what paints you used to get the grey/brown tinge.

    The vignette is inspired. What is the skaven to halfling ratio of trap victims?

    ReplyDelete