Sunday 14 February 2021

From MartinC Pajama Party (210 pts)

My Vietnam war project is progressing very quickly. I bought some VC from Westwind - 40 metal 28mm figures for £30! Ridiculous bargain. The figures are terrible. Poor sculpts with huge amounts of flash. 

They have painted up quite well, like Old Glory - unpainted figures look terrible, painted ones look great. These aren't that good but for 75p each I'm not complaining





There are 40 of them armed with LMGs, AK47s and rifles


Also made up some more jungle, this is 210 cubic inches and brings my jungle total up to 5 square feet!



I've also tinkered about with my previous photos of the USMC and NVA to show the figures better





This was what they actually looked like

Off to by a few more USMC to give me a full platoon with support, I was too M60 heavy

Scores on the doors

40 VC in 4 prone = 190
210cubic inches jungle = 20

total = 210




16 comments:

  1. Quality paint on low end minis. They look great
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Martin. I love those Empress NVA, especially the DShK teams. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empress are brilliant figs, off to buy a few more. Cheers

      Delete
  3. This project seems to be going along pretty speedily. Figures look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip, banging them out. Not bad seeing as they weren't on the to do list at all

      Delete
  4. The west wind figures have painted up really well, storming through this project!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out nicely in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. cheers, not of Stalingrad proportions but I'm only a mere mortal

      Delete
  7. Smart work Martin.
    Surprised Westwind were of poor quality, they don't usually fall under my "life's too short to paint shit figures" rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta. I was surprised. Westwind normally good but expensive. Looks like a line they picked up from elsewhere or very old. but 75p each, cheaper than plastics and they at VC - Vietnamese for target

      Delete