Sunday 14 February 2021

From MilesR: 15mm Soviet Naval Infantry and Snipers (172 points)

 

It's been a hectic few weeks here - what with my water heating deciding to flood the basement and some work stuff, but I have managed to get some hobby time in hear and there.  First up is my entry for the Adventurer's Landing room - 2 platoons plus an extra squad of 15mm Soviet Naval Infantry,


The figs are from Peter Pig and represent my first experience painting figures from Mr Porcine.  Peter Pig is a favorite manufacture with other club members and they do have a very nice selection of specialty WW2 figures


They make 2 packs of Soviet Naval Infantry - 4 sculpts with sub machine guns and 4 sculpts with LMG and submachine guns.  Not the greatest selection but better than nothing.  I can see why everyone at the club really likes Peter Pig - the figures were a joy to paint.  You may see some more Peter Pig stuff.

These gentlemen are tenacious fighters and will serve as a support option for the Soviet players.

These 40 figures and the 20 point room bonus will net a cool 100 points.


My next submission will be a request for a ballon ride from Adventures Landing to the Hall of Heroes.  My toll will be paid by these 8 lovely Soviet female snipers in 15mm.  More figures from Peter Pig - I do think Mr Oink will be getting a few more orders from me as I round out the Stalingrad forces

8 15 mm figures and a balloon ride equals 36 points.




Lets us say goodbye to these lovely yet fierce ladies and soar away on our balloon

And fly over to the next building, where my Hall of Heroes submission can be found - 4 2 man Russian sniper teams.  And you guessed it, these are 15mm Peter Pig figures yet again.  I wonder if there are any German snipers on the painting bench?

I really like these figures - each base has one shooter and either a spotter of a guy waving a rather ridiculous decoy.


Lets bring that Balloon in a little closer for better look.  I think these chaps came out rather nicely (at least to my limited standard).

Another 36 points here from 8 15mm figures and another 20 point room bonus.

56 15mm infantry figures for 112 Points and 3 rooms/balloons for 60, bringing the grand total to 172 points.

Hmmm, I seem to be forgetting something......

6 comments:

  1. These look excellent Miles! I also like getting another look at some of you wonderful Stalingrad terrain. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figures are great and Stalingrad looks amazing, you will be the talk of the town

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent minis and great terrain shot.

    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Miles, the terrain is amazing. Makes me think of the scene in Enemy at the Gates where only half the soldiers landing get rifles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Soviets and the Stalingrad terrain is awesome!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete