Sunday 28 February 2021

From SanderS: Rodents calling Witching Service! (35 points)

 Hoi,

 

Arthur and myself would like to skip some Challenge rooms and get to the Oubliette fast so I have painted up a (vaguely) female figure and some companions to go along. 

Remember the Resin 3D printed Star Wars figures I entered as Curtgeld at the start of the Challenge? Well the same company (perikles.be) does also sell Animal Kingdom figures designed by Duncan Shadow with his permission. Man are they cute, so I ordered 3 figures: one for Arthur, one for Hugo (my youngest son) and one for my wife. The latter is a female wizard/ sorcerress or whatever you call it, only she is also evidently a Mouse!

 


Arthur gets another mouse but this one is a Ranger for game purposes and he has called it Rover. 


The youngest got a Squirrel, which he's calling "Eekje" which is not pronounced as it looks in English the Ee sounding like the A in aking (I am aking all over). 

 


Anyway I digress, these are briliant figures to paint, crisp and full of lively detail and the service of the firm is awesome. I immediately ordered a second load of stuff, hopefully I can get some of the contents painted in these last weeks.

Pointswise I am going for 28mm scale and that gets me another 35 points all round.

Cheers Sander

14 comments:

  1. Splendid looking furry friends!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, they were a joy to paint!

      Delete
  2. You win for the fiercest cutest posse around! Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's a medal I would proudly present in my prize cabinet, if I had one. Thank you Simon!

      Delete
  3. Oh, those are quite adorable. Lovely work Sander. I'm also giving you and extra 5 points, on Lady Sarah's direction, for the mouse sorceress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh Curt that puts me right past my points target, please do convey my sincere thankscto the kind lady Sarah!

      Delete
  4. Very nice work on a different subject matter.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those faces came out a treat, the purple has worked well alongside the fur colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Jamie, I am really happy with how they worked out in the end

      Delete
  6. Great looking rodents, I really like the rogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful rodents- I particularly like the ranger.

    ReplyDelete