Thursday 23 December 2021

From DaveD - ‘Nam 68 - various bits - 95 points

First post of this challenge for me is a a few items required for an upcoming ‘Nam game being run by myself and MartinC of this good parish . We did a play test recently and found we needed a few more items (mainly bad things for the US Forces ) so they have been fast tracked through the painting queue.

The ‘Nam project was born of a paint and chat session in the last challenge - where a few of use talked ourselves into “ooh shiney” - it’s coming along nicely now . 

Downed helicopter crew from Full Metal Miniatures 28mm x4 = 20 points 


I had completed the Helo last week as I knew these guys were on the paint list 

I

Casualties and corpsman medic sets from Gringo40s 28mm x “10” - 4 prone so 40 points 





Tunnel Rat and dog team -again by Gringo40s , one figure plus dog - 8 points


VC Sniper and VC team heading of with downed airman to the Hanoi Hilton - - x4 - 20 points 

Full metal miniatures these bits 

Some tunnel entrances from Full metal miniatures - x 6 

Scatter terrain from Too Fat Lardies from CoC x 4 

J
Now what’s inside the entrance ? Booby traps , tunnel, sniper , etc.. 


Not great volume on the terrain , but enough for 5 points I reckon .

Total -93 points 

Provided our dear leader allows some meeting up next week we shall have them on the table for Operation Turkey Dinner - more later . There will be a host of other green goodies along in due course . 

Post the holiday session I shall be hosting some more paint and chats which will be posted on FB page .

Points on the board - “Huzzah!” 

_________________________________

Welcome back Dave!

Wow, you've been busy since the starter pistol shot! Fantastic work mate. That downed Huey is very impressive. I also like the VC vignette of them hauling off the wounded prisoner. Very evocative. I'm going to round off to 95 points for the submission. I hope that Operation Turkey Dinner can come off for you - we all need a little bit of levity (and good company) this season.

- Curt

29 comments:

  1. Lots of good output there Dave, I’m with Curt that the downed airman is a fave. Great scatter terrain too. Looking forward to chat next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - the aircrew are my personal favourites too

      Delete
  2. hopefully these will get a full workout next week. top job

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual no matter what genre you're painting, Dave, you make it incredibly appealing. They all look fab, though I'd say the tunnel Rat and dog team were my particular favourite. I also wasn't aware Gringo40s did Vietnam, so I'll be sure to pop over to their stall for a mooch next time I see them at a show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - the benefits of retirement, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Dave - some great characters there, and the scatter terrain looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a project that leads you lots of interesting pieces . More to come

      Delete
  6. Very nice! My fave is the dog handler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome set of minis, lots of potential scenarios you can get out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes the scenario opportunities are great

      Delete
  8. Very well done Dave! Quite dig your take on the Murrican uniform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick . Following the ultra Matt varnish I think they need an extra highlight some time - but not right now!

      Delete
  9. That is a brilliant new project Dave! I simply love the dog and handler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Dave and will be fun to follow your progress on this project through the challenge!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking eclectic set of Vietnam war figures, love the downed Huey!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can almost hear those chopper blades thudding in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quality and quantity meet here, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I have come back to your posting a few times to appreciate the details in the many figures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice work, Dave! You definitely nailed the color and red clay mud of the time. Keep this up and you'll need to wear a new hat for the period. I think a boonie would be fine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great extras for your 'Nam project, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very evocative set of figures!

    ReplyDelete