Thursday 23 December 2021

From ManusH: British Artillery Crew for the 1798 Irish Rebellion (30 Points)

Hi everyone! My name is Manus, and I'm from Ireland. This will be my first time contributing to the Challenge. I've been enjoying the fine work exhibited here for a few years, so it's about time I took part myself!

This artillery crew is for my ongoing 1798 Rebellion Project. The rules I'm using are Sharp Practice. Quite a niche subject, but one which I find really interesting. It's a very important event in modern Irish history, and one which is omnipresent in the landscape of my area.

The figures I use are 28mm Trent Miniatures, from their Irish Rebellion range. I love their old school sculpting style, it's a bit "cartoony" . 











The crew's leader - I like the yeomanry-style round hat! 




In terms of points:
4 28mm foot figures at 5 points each
1 artillery piece at 10 points 
Total = 30 points. Not a bad start! 

___________________________________

Welcome aboard the Challenge, Manus!

This gun and crew look absolutely terrific, such nice, clean brushwork, and I really love the subject - it's not a theatre we see often and I hope we get treated to more of it over the coming months.

PS: Remember to put in your labels on the right sidebar. It really helps the search engine. :)

- Curt 

27 comments:

  1. Those are great Manus! I am really looking forward to more in this project, lots of potential for good scenarios. Better luck on timing and this could’ve been a much different story. Are you gaming the Naval side of things too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yes, I had planned to do some naval stuff as well. I got a few ships done, but I haven't touched that side of the project for a while. Hopefully the Challenge will give me the impetus to get going again! I really enjoy painting 1/1200 scale ships.

      Delete
  2. Really unique conflict to game and your figures have turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There aren't many other conflicts quite like it- I think it's perfect for Sharp Practice!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, looking forward to working through the Challenge!

      Delete
  4. Great looking figures and a fine first entry for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done! Those uniforms are quite something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the uniforms of this period are really colourful!

      Delete
  6. These look very nice Manus and artillery always tends to draw the eye!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you😊

      I agree, it's always nice to add artillery to an army!

      Delete
  7. Great looking artillery crew and gun,looking forward to pikemen,militia and yeomanry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iain, thanks for your comment 😊

      I've painted up lots of Yeomen, pikes and Militia already as part of this project, and a few Frenchmen too! I've written about them in my own blog at https://airtscorner.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the Challenge Manus, great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent. You have really cracked the Artillery Blue Uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful stuff, Manus! That is some superb crisp brushwork and nice shading on them especially the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome aboard Manus, nice work on these

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice entree, Manus! Welcome to the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome! A setting I know very little about.

    ReplyDelete