Sunday 26 December 2021

From PeterD: 8mm Dark Age Terrain (5 points)

I wasn't supposed to be posting today.  I was supposed to be in Halifax, NS staying with my mother in law and doing Christmas with family.  However, we cancelled our tip based on COVID numbers and so here I am.

First up for me is a couple of terrain items in 28mm.  These are 28mm scale and MDF kits from Sarissa.  I've had good experience with Sarissa and these were no exception.  The main piece is a barn or forge.  It is sold in their dark age range but I figure that I can use it for my Beowulf themed RPG games, my El Cid era games and my SYW games plus others.

The other bit is a piece of dock that should have been painted a while back.  I finished up some similar docks and a Viking town for a tabletop RPG game featuring Thigmund the Thea Therpent, but somehow missed this one.




Points wise these measure out to be about 1/4 a of terrain cube so that's 5 points to erase my duck.



We are in the midst of a Prairie cold snap so I'll be hunkered down like this fellow who took up temporary residence in our snow bank


_________________________________________

Be careful Peter, it may look cute, but I hear those have nasty, big, pointy... well, you know the rest.

Nice work on these mate! Sarissa makes great stuff, and these two pieces will be very nice additions to your picturesque seaside Dark Age village.

Well done and welcome back to the Challenge!

And stay warm!

- Curt

23 comments:

  1. Thanks Curt. I’ll watch out for the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice terrain Peter. Those should be pretty useful decoration for your Viking town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart. Nothing spectacular but plenty of uses.

      Delete
  3. Hoi there Peter, shame of not being able to go to your family for Christmas, but if it's any help: we had to cancel our plans for the same reason here too. Now that barn is great and you've painted up the bunny really life-like too ;-)
    Cheers Mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, we are in very good company this year. Far better to have cancelled however. Thanks for the comments. The bunny was so well done that he hopped off when I started the car.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Peter. I toom missed Xmas with my family so know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking terrain and useful across a big range of periods too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice terrain, generic enough to have lots of use. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Peter! But that must have been the most Canadian thing I’ve ever read: „Our snow bank…“ somehow I now imagine you lot to bring your surplus snow to bank for safekeeping. Just in case there’s not enough of the white stuff next year around 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You never know when you might run short of the stuff…

      Delete
  8. Nice work on the terrain,Peter! Be careful with that dock though, needs yearly waterproofing with Thompsons to keep from warping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. My dark age craftsmen likely would use tars, from peat, bitumen or pine sources. Pine tar it’s not just for baseball bats…

      Delete
  9. Peter, are you working on your own Jackalope? Your pieces will be very practical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The local bunnies are almost big enough! Thanks.

      Delete