Wednesday 12 January 2022

From RayR - Caprica/Doomed Prisoner Wagon & Sarah's Star Yacht (90 points)


My 3rd post of the day!!! Sorry Greg! Not quite sure what's wrong with my posts?

My first stop is Caprica where I will invoke those who are Doomed. I was going to paint this Prison wagon up for the Challenge anyway so it was pretty handy that it fitted into Caprica/Doomed perfectly.


My prisoner wagon contains 3 Rebel traitors being driven to their doom, just after the Battle of Sedgemoor in 1685.

The Wagon is from the very clever lads & lasses from Iron Gate Scenery and was a snip at £8!



It is more of a medieval model, so I changed the wheels to look more 17th/18th century which worked well. Check them out if you haven't already, they make some brilliant terrain pieces. I do have a few more bits from them for later in the Challenge.



I did also buy the figures to go with the wagon, but chose to buy another pack from Col Bill, c17th century Prisoners and guard. The three prisoner figures fit well into the wagon as my prisoners. The 2 drivers I believe are both also from Col Bill's Depot Battalion.




After lounging around on Caprica I decided to jump back on Sarah's Star Yacht, with our destination being the wonderful planet Skaro. As payment for my trip I offer up Cate Cramer a c18th century US settler, I'm sure Cate will fit in with my other civilians for King Philips War.






Cate is another of Col Bills, Belt Fed Gaming Novelty Girls and like  Becky Burton in my previous post is a snip at £3.35.

Points mean prizes so lets work out how many....

5 x 25mm figures - 25pts
Wagon 1 x 28mm vehicle - 20pts
Caprica/Doomed Bonus - 20pts

Cate Cramer 1 x 25mm - 5pts
Sarah's Star Yacht - 20pts

***
 
Well done Ray - not only is the painting fine, but I did not have to sort out the alignment of the text in your post. BRILLIANT. 
 
Now, to the painting - all the bushwork is very nice, of course, but that prisoner wagon...that is so damn cool! I can imagine it being great for all sorts of gaming scenarios. Very nice stuff. 
 
90 points for your tally!
 
GregB

32 comments:

  1. Excellent work Ray. I agree with Greg and that prisoner wagon is aces, lots of uses in lots of eras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking wagon, very useful. And well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figures, ace prisoner wagon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Ray, but I'm sure that Cate must be another bear in disguise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy Ray, this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super figures Ray that prisoner wagon will make for a great piece to center around a scenario.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. That prisoner wagon is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel for those poor nags pulling all that ironmongery, Ray, it would be a cracking skirmish game to have some friends try to rescue those lads. Great entry.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant entry, I assume it’ll be the target in some prison transport break scenarios?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great entry and I am with everyone else on this one... that wagon is a brilliant piece of kit. It can have so many uses in game or as terrain, I think I might just need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bit of kit, you never know you might be painting yours up soon?

      Delete
  11. My word Ray, you have been busy 😁 another super entry 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grand stuff Ray - love the wagon and it’s inmates

    ReplyDelete
  13. That;s great Ray - I must have a look at Irongate

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great little model!

    ReplyDelete