Monday 3 January 2022

Star Wars Sith Infiltrator - Death Star - MattW 22 points

 

Star Wars Sith Infiltrator

Death Star Hubris-questionable design 

20 points location 6mm vehicle 2 points

The Scimitar, also known as the Sith Infiltrator, was a heavily modified Star Courier and the personal starship of Darth Maul. Along with its deadly armament, the Scimitar was equipped with a cloaking device, powered by rare stygium crystals from the planet Aeten II, that allowed it to disappear from view and any pursuing ship's sensors. Owing to the craft's experimental ion engines, which were of questionable design radiator fins on the ship's wings were required to be open during flight in order to expel excess heat.

The Hubris Darth Maul the overpainted and overconfident Sith Lord lived by the sword and met his end like all Siths by losing a body part,  tragically being his lower half...... 

 The plastic kit is Revell 1/285th scale. I will use the ship for my own fast play Galactic space rules I use. It was simple build, a quick airbrush, mask up and then a paintbrush job with a oil filter for panel lines.


 




DEATH STAR 20 POINTS

Death Star Hubris-questionable design 

20 points location 6mm vehicle 2 points

MattW

First of two posts from MattW today.  Terrific work on the Scimitar Matt, nice subtle shading and highlighting.  Definitely qualifies as a questionable design (as do the entire first three SW movies...).  One question I have is how big is the actual model?  It's tough to judge on it's own and Darth's toxic trail is messing with my sensors...but I think that it may be bigger than a standard micro tank in which case 2 points seems too low a reward.

Also remember to include a label for the Challenge location when appropriate.  I've added a Death Star label in this case,

32 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, it is 10cm long and 2.7cm wide.

    Thanks
    Natt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let’s call it 8 points, equivalent to a 15mm tank. FYI I resized the photos from Very Large to Large as they overlayed the boundaries.

      Delete
    2. Ok Peter, sounds very fair to me.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  2. What an odd starship, I’d not seen that before but some nice work bringing it to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year during lockdown I went through a mad purchasing run of Star Trek and Star Wars ships, a have a few more to complete including some old ETRL kits from the 70s.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  3. Your photography is top notch, as are your painting skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, I try, my wife is a good photographer and has all the kit, I just borrow it! I use a simple light box made from a box with toile sides and top, three simple reading lamps with bright lights and a free photo background which I printed out. I use my IPhone X and the apple photo software for editing.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  4. Superb looking tiny TIE, Matt. Funny to have a ship with all this cloaking technology, but then have it leaking ion gas from its wings - I suspect this was a 'rush to market' design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Matt.
    Losing the lower half of his body was not the end for Darth Maul, just a slight inconvenience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking fighter, Matt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. That’s about X-wing game scale. It certainly has many aspects of Star Wars ship design .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is close, and would work with the x wing stuff

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  8. Splendid looking modified tie fighter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool looking Star Wars ship, incoming call from George Lucas 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete