Saturday 26 February 2022

From MikeD: Planet Vulcan - Point Ears. Long, Pointy Ears (76 pts)

 A couple of months in and I'm finally boarding the rocketship to embark on my voyage to where just about everyone has been before. These are some wonderful Skull and Crown minis I picked up on a Kickstarter a couple of years back. I'm a sucker for these sort of arty, literary minis for which I can find no gaming use whatsoever. They wind up being perfect for the Challenge themes though. Like Skull and Crown's Triumph of Death line or Eureka Miniatures Chaos line.

These figures were designed to represent what are know as 'Drolleries', that is the grotesque and comical drawings one finds in the margins of illuminated Medieval manuscripts. Unpacking a joke too completely just destroys it, but the juxtaposition of the timid little animals with the worst violence of human nature is still funny all these years later. 


Hysterical

Hmmm... could use more rabbits...











For scoring, I figured counting them as 20mm figures would be fairest, although of course I defer to whatever Minion Millsy thinks. 

So that's     8 foot @ 4pts = 32
                   3 mounted @ 8pts = 24
                    Planet Vulcan = 20 
for a total of 76 points I think.


From DaveD - AKA Millsy North.

OK - This hobby continues to amaze - who knew about this little rabbit hole to go down. well i am amazed alright - so that 76 points of long earedness for you

12 comments:

  1. THIS IS JUST ABOUT MY FAVOURITE POST EVER!

    Thank you! What absolutely smashing minis, and you've done a cracking job with them! As soon as I saw them I knew what you were going for: it's just brilliant!

    You may find this an interesting diversion if you've not already come across it: https://youtu.be/6ISOK-XtvYs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I always enjoy seeing those images from manuscripts, and now there are miniatures of them?

    Lovely stuff, Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Kickstarter. Those are wonderful figures and you’ve done the justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *looks out the window at the wild bunnies in the yard* I think I’m going to go lock the door…
    Great paintin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the kickstarter also, wonderful work on these psycho bunnies!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some unusual minis, but very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome. I knew about the giant snails that are prolific in manuscripts but didn't know about the killer bunnies. I guess they all have sharp pointy teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super stuff Mike, although sort of gives me nightmares 😝

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff Mike! I really like how the wise hare is riding a snail... :D He has picked up the winning formula! But yes, very nice and strange minis, good paint job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff! Love those illuminations, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent stuff. Watership Down 2: Watership Harder.

    ReplyDelete