Tuesday 8 March 2022

From MartinC: It's Alive (502pts)

 


Think I've survived covid, although it was rough and I still feel crap. I've done a little painting and model building, but mainly I've been to sleep. Most of today's post was for last week. I'm still working out my camera so the pictures are rubbish. For those of you that are used to my posts, this will come as no shock. If I wanted to be good at photography, I would do that as a hobby - bet it's cheaper, easier to give as gifts and takes up less space in my house.

I've been building up my Back of Beyond collection, it offers so many gaming options. I noticed that my Brits are all in shorts and shirt sleeve order. They look great but most of my Russians are in overcoats and fur hats. Therefore I needed some Brits for colder climes.

I picked these up 2nd hand from a mate. They painted up quite nicely



Overall there are 3 sections

plus 3 spares, inc 2 highlanders with Lewis guns

They came with 2 vickers MMGs and I had a sniper in the to do box

All forces need command and control. These guys came with 4 sets. 2 semaphore teams and 2 carrier pigeon teams. i think I have too many pigeons and enough flags for bunting.

Next up an Empress Model T Ford for Dunsterforce. They famously went to war in 600 Model T Fords and this stripped down one has 2 Lewis guns.

Next up a troop of Chinese infantry, told you everyone had fur hats. These are from Copplestone and lovely.

And then I started to potter around this week. 5 mob types, again Copplestone

12 Arab archers, 2nd hand purchase, think they are Gripping beast


A 40mm warrior chap, nice fig from a Games of Thrones set.

Next up I made a couple of tank models I'd been given. This Sherman M4A1 is by Rubicon and a pressie from sick note Dave. Nice kit to built.

Finally a 1:35 Churchill Mk VII by Tamiya. This was a birthday present from a friend and a nice kit to build.


It is bleeding massive compared to the 28mm Sherman. can't believe i only get 25 points for it, it's at least twice the size of the Sherman. Maybe i should put it in as a terrain piece.

Scores on the doors

81 x 28mm infantry and crew = 405
2 x crew served weapons = 20
2 x 28mm vehicles = 40
1 x 40mm infantry = 7
1 x massive tank = 25pts (REALLY!!!)

total = 497pts

Хай живе Україна


Kaboom! Another points-bomb from Martin, despite being sick with Covid. That's a great set of figures and vehicles. The 1/35 scale tank is "54mm" so that's 30 points rather than 25, but still doesn't seem much for such a big piece of kit.

Tamsin

26 comments:

  1. These are awesome. The Churchill is a whopper! I love the model T as well, I bet it was fiddly paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you’re on the recovery -side of Covid.
    Great points bomb, but the standouts for me is the Model T w/Lewis Guns. That should be fun on the game table!
    The Copplestone Mob figures are always fun … lots of gaming possibilities with that mean-long crew,


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *** mean-looking crew

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sarah. I am looking forward to playing the model T

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear you are on your way to feeling better. Everything here is wonderful. I particularly like the Model T and the carrier pigeon teams 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see that you are still with us. I second the comment about the Model T, really nice work on it, heck the entire post is good, and very squirrely! Have you looked at Tiger miniatures? They have some Brits in cold weather gear for their foray into Siberia[Winter wars]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Brigade Games have some that would work too.

      Delete
    2. Tiger minis are interesting, only place to get WW1 Turkish cavalry. Cheers

      Delete
  5. Really nice mix of subjects Martin- very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty stuff, Martin, very squirrelish. Glad you have recovered. 1/35 tanks are BIG, difficult to play, but pretty. Love those Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will turn the tank into a diorama

      Delete
  7. Great looking figures Martin. Happy to hear you on the mend too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of Covidians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome, now have a name for a new army

      Delete
  9. Great to see you back at the workbench Martin. A great selection of kit, that stripped down Model T is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to see you back with us Martin! Wow, I know you had a 'week off' but it really didn't seem to slow you down. Fabulous work. I'll echo many others in saying that that Model T is the bomb (probably literally). Lovely stuff, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, 400 of the points were from the week before. had a very quiet week

      Delete
  11. all these are brilliant but I agree that the Moxel T is the bees knees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ll echo the general opinion that the T-Ford is awesome but the whole post is very impressive. And that Churchill! Ben Nevis? Really?

    ReplyDelete