Tuesday 8 March 2022

From SanderS: To Arrakis we go! oh and Ancient Egypt... PICTUREHEAVY (355 points)

 Hoi,

Arrakis is next on my way to Noel's Comet and as it is a Desert planet some desert themed entries are required. 

Remember my friend Martijn? The one who owns a FLGS? Well he asked me whether I would like to paint up the figures from: "Ankh, Gods of Egypt" the boardgame done by the people at CMON games. If that's not deserty-themed I don't know what is. I could tell you quite a lot about how this set of figures got painted with blood, tears, sweat and more blood, in between house renovations and painting the other entries of this Challenge, but the monster project is done and I am mighty proud. Martijn has it at the gamingroom of his store now and people can enjoy using it and that makes me happy.

Let's start with the Gods, the core box comes with 5 factions, each led by one of the great Gods of Ancient Egypt. You have 6 footsoldiers for every god and some camels that represent commodities and supplies. There's also a batch of un-aligned "Guardians" monsters you can unlock and utilise for your own faction.

The Gods from l.t.r.  backrow: Ra, Osiris and Amun. Front: Isis and Anubis
























 

The Gods with their footsoldiers:

















The Guardians:

An Androsphinx:



An Apep:


A Giant Scorpion:





3 Satet:





Cat Mummies/ Spirit host



Farao's Mummies:


The camels:




Pointswise this bunch proves to be a bit of an headache:

- I am counting the Gods as 54mm figures so that's 50 points

- there's 45 figures of appr. 28mm scale so that's 225 points

- the camels are near 10mm figures times 30 that makes 60 points

- there's the Arrakis bonus (if Tamsin considers this entry Desert-like enough) which makes for a grand total of 355 points. For scale reference I have included the picture below showing a Space Marine in the middle for reference.

Cheers Sander


Well, that was an unexpected points-bomb! That's a great set of desert-themed figures for Arrakis..

Tamsin

31 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is some fine painting! Excellent work very vibrant. Makes me want to revisit some of my Egyptian items they pale by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, well done Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Love the vibrant colours and exceptional detail work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! I really like how the bright colours of the clothing and armour contrast with the dark skin of the gods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour palette is really captivating! Impressive points bomb Sander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it will be my one and only pointsbomb for sure...

      Delete
  6. I knew there was something else than just the renovation project keeping you busy! Excellent stuff, Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  7. superb and impressive painting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this entry. When I first scanned over the pictures, I was thinking of how amazing all the figures looked, all painted so beautifully, and I wanted to get a set. Then I began reading your post and laughed aloud as I realized that I have this game, still in wrap, in my game room! Anyway, beautiful work Sander - really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh now I can't wait to see how your figures turn out!

      Delete
  9. Busting a gut over the Snowlords comments. I looked at the first sentence and realized these were the figures for that massive set of games that Curt keeps shrink wrapped in his man cave,

    They are wonderful figure and great bright colours that you’ve used. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such great fun, silly Curt, but hey he will probably paint them far better than I will ever be able to.

      Delete
  10. Awesome painting, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stuff! Quick- how many skullz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought I saw some on Horus. Let me know on Sunday 13th Skull Update.

      Delete
  12. Wow, wow, and wow again. This is awesome. Such bold and vibrant colours, they all look excellent, Sander! What a cracking job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate they turned just like I wanted them to.

      Delete