Tuesday 8 March 2022

From SanderS: Visiting Cybertron via Maelstrom! (40 points)

 Hoi,

With only a few weeks to go, I need to make haste in order to reach my points goal of 1000 points. For that I will now visit two more planets in the Challenge Galaxay Quadrant, let's make landfall on one of my favourites: Cybertron!


Quite some years ago a small Australian firm, aptly called Traders Galaxy, (headed by two nice blokes) had obtained a license to produce a Transformers miniature game. Something went wrong, they fell out with each other and the license was cancelled. Before the line of miniatures was mothballed as well, several sets had been available for purchase for some time and I got my hands on a few of them. Through the last Challenges I have been painting them and have now amassed a small but delightful amount of Transformers; both Autobots as well as Decepticons. 

They are a pain to put together as they are extremely fiddly and I have really fat clumsy fingers as well as detoriating eyesight, oh well I got there in the end.   

Todays offering is a duo I really remember fondly from the old cartoons: Hot Rod (or rather Rodimus Prime)  and Jazz! 

Jazz:




Hot Rod:





The Bots were put on Battletech Hexbases and Arthur has been busy making CBT Rostersheets for them in Heavy Metal Pro (if this all sounds like gibberish to you just have a look at the pretty pictures ;-) so we will be able to use the Bots in games of Battletech as well.

If I understand correctly entering a planet through Maelstrom is 30 points rather than 20 and 2 x 28mm figures is another 10 so 40 points all round. Next stop will be Arrakis!

Cheers Sander


Those robots looks great, sander. And you're right - being dumped out of the Maelstrom scores you 30 points for this planet!

Tamsin


18 comments:

  1. Nice landing on Cybertron, Sander! And Transformers as Mechs, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and there's still quite a lot in the stash!

      Delete
  2. Great looking Transformers! I really like the basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, they are a labour of love! The basing is done by applying plain wallfiller to the base and pressing gritt into it.

      Delete
  3. Nice vibrant colours on Rodimus Prime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah, I must admit that in his case the photo makes him look bettr then he is in reality!

      Delete
  4. Great job Sander! Jazz was my favourite Autobot when I was a kid.

    I didn't quite know how to take Hot Rod following in the footsteps of Optimus Prime, however...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Greg, it's as if all those cartoons ran too long and got to a point where they had to do some really silly stuff to keep the storyline going...

      Delete
  5. Great work Sander, they're certainly a colourful bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ray, they are a nice escape from the drearier historical stuff I usually paint!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. well thank you, but I can't take credit for that since the colourschemes were taken from the cartoon references ;-)

      Delete
  7. I hadn’t heard of Traders Galaxy, fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and they still have a few Transformer like figures in stock all though quite expensive!

      Delete