Tuesday 8 March 2022

From TashaH: Last Minute Planet Scramble [Babylon5][Xanth][Lady Sarah’s Star Yacht] (75 points)

Well. 

Here we are on Babylon5. This figure is the first one I assembled myself. Yikes! When I got it in the mail, I contemplated putting it in a drawer and just forgetting about it! 

 


Overall, it was easy to assemble. I should have paid a little closer attention, as I clipped the pegs off on his legs, so he is just sitting precariously on his shoes! 



This is Zo! - a Starfinder Miniature. As with most of the figures in the Challenge, I know nothing about him. I chose him for this planet for his microphone. He will be given a place of honour in my husband’s music room, where many a song is sung and while perhaps not quite operatic, he can hit some pretty amazing notes!  



 

As I’ve completed 4 planets on the outer and middle rings, I understand I can drop directly to the inner ring. I’m going to head to the planet Xanth. 

Here I have another Elf Cleric from WizKids. As you can see, he clearly has the unique talent of being able to conjure fire in the palm of his hand!

 



I had planned to have a figure completed for Lune, but I do not. I would like to call on Lady Sarah’s Star Yacht to take us to Terra. 

This is the last of the Heroclix figures I have from WizKids (thank goodness).  Psylocke is from the Xmen and that is about all I know about her. I do know I didn’t paint her outfit properly, but I did use four different shades of black to try to make her look cool. 

 





I ordered my new 3D printer today and I am soooo excited. I just wish I had some more time to use it before the end of the Challenge. 

The points:

3 - 32 mm figures - 15 points

2 Planet Bonuses + Star Yacht - 60 points

Total - 75 points

(I redid all the photos with a lighter background as the originals were incredibly dark)


That's a lovely trio of figures, Tasha! 

Tamsin


17 comments:

  1. Nice trio Tasha! I can't pick a favourite, but Pdylocke is cool in all the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teemu! She looks quite lethal in all black!

      Delete
  2. lovely work Tasha, singer chappie is a star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin! My hubby is quite chuffed I made him something for his music room.

      Delete
  3. Great set of figures Tasha. I like the guy with the microphone, I see him as a lounge lizard crooner type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! He does look like a lounge crooner!

      Delete
  4. Black is another colour that is hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the straight black was going to be so easy! Part way in I was tempted to just get out the black gesso and call it a day! Every new mini is a new lesson!

      Delete
  5. These are all great Natasha, but I must confess I like Zo best, the balance between the deep red, black and metal is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sander! Zo really was a terrific figure to work on - the details were pristine.

      Delete
  6. Some great figures, the bow is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Many of the WizKids figures have pieces of the figures lefty translucent. This was the case with Psylocke’s bow. It makes for some interesting painting options.

      Delete