Wednesday 25 January 2023

From BruceR; Italian heavy weapons to the front; Challenge Studios Casting Couch (95 pts)

As can happen I missed last week due to life and work.  Maybe retire?  The War Department doesn't know what I would do, I say bid 3000 pts in the AHPC of course.  Boom, problem solved.  And spend more time with the CSM.  


Gratuitous Mutt photo (CSM Loki)


Or more time on the ranch with son and mutts.

Well, this week I'm still running around the Challenge Studio looking for the ultimate challenge.  So, I saunter down the boulevard and before me is the casting couch.  Am I the only one, who at my age, still sees miniatures and will buy them with absolutely no idea what I will use them for?  Here is my submission for the Casting Couch studio.  One of my favorite movies of all time is Zulu, so when I'm looking at the Trenchworx table at ACon last year this figure from Victoria Miniatures along with my previous Grog Ard-Nogg submission is space Michael Cain waiting to be cast in some bug hunt movie of the future.  Without the challenge he would probably sit on the shelf of opportunity, but here he is, hope he doesn't flub his lines.  


Again, used some contrast and standard paints.  He is armed with his laspistol and close in saber.  Ready to stem the tide of bugs "Ol' Boy".


Packaging eye candy to entice.  Worked on me.


White background attempt


Black





Back on the grind and after two squads of foot sloggers for the frozen east I pulled out some "heavy weapons" at least in Italian eyes.  Again, Great Escape Games figures regular Eastern Front Italians.  I noted from some recent research my green winter caps were likely grey/green like the rest of the uniform, but the same color would make Mairo a dull boy.  So, this Platoon must have gotten into some Soviet style clothing from a previous raid and one thing the Soviets know is how to dress for success in winter.  

Italian Heavy Weapons, mama mia it's all we got:

Machine gun team:






Luigi, T34/76 heading for trench!  Bring up the AT rifle!!!!




Artillery away, give em the pasta.   

Mortar team:






If they gain the trench melt the snow with your trusty Mario melter.

Flame Thrower team:




Action table shot.



Points:

Casting Couch                                                                    20 pts
Captain Cain                                                                         5 pts
10 28mm Italians                                                                50 pts

Weapons (chart says crew served 10pts) 3 crew served     30 pts?
I'll let Miles decide.  Hmm what to play this weekend?
RAVENFEAST?  

                                                                                             105 pts


Minion MilesR: Well what have we hear - a wonderful dog picture PLUS a gratuitous mention of Ravensfeast in an attempt to curry the favor of a minion.  Well Sir, I must sadly inform you that I am exactly the kind of minion who is swayed by such vulgar inducements.  Might I also suggest you consider some of the other Little Wars TV rules like Age of Hannibal, Altar of Freedom or even Live Free or Die.....Yet your weapons are on the smaller side (as opposed to big guns which were the original intention of the scoring matrix) so I'll need to discount those and give you half credit for 15 points.  The dog picture gets you 5 bonus point so lets go with a cool 95 points

12 comments:

  1. Great work. Love me some Bolt Action and these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that captain is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice brushwork, Bruce. The (look who drew the short straw for posting) Italians look terrific. Loki is totally worth the 5 bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb stuff - Luigi and mates are ace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting - love the cuffs braiding detail on the Hero figure!
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work Bruce

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete