Wednesday 4 January 2023

From BruceR: One Million Bayonets; Lady Sarah's Limousine; Sci-Fi; (117 pts)

Had some free time over the holidays and made use of the time.  The weather did break a bit, which means the CSM was due his walks.  

1st up is a ride in Lady Sarah's Limousine from the Historical Drama set of the Bulge to the Sci-Fi set.

For the last game of 2022 we played Ravenfeast and used a Little Wars TV scenario to save King Harold from raiding Vikings.  As usual I'm drawn to what we are playing.  I had some villagers primed and the need to spice up the table I gave them my new signature contrast paint job. So, here are the 3 villagers, the chicken boy, the beggar and the maid.  The maid is the tithe for the Limo ride.  The figures are Wargames Foundry.  








Over head of the table with village and settlers first on the board.


Grog Ard'Nogg, Ogre Veteran:

For the Sci-Fi set I present a Victoria Miniatures figure.  Trenchworx carries this line and he and other sci-fi figures I hope to complete are fabulous.  His slug thrower is huge and his blade vicious.  Like my little AFV heads in an earlier post a joy to paint.  Grog can be used for Stargrave and I did get Xenos Rampant for Xmas so maybe.  I again tried a bulk of contrast paints and was satisfied and regular acrylic for the rest.  Fun to paint a larger figure as well.

Package Illustration for a guide



I placed Gorg on a diy base to match a few sci-fi crew figures I did last year.  



For the base I use wire mesh and a piece of zip tie for grating.  







Next distraction is a project from Great Escape Games and Iron Cross miniatures.  A couple of gaming compadres are Russian fanatics.  Both collect and paint Russians, with the undertone to play a number of Stalingrad type scenarios.  As I have 3 German BA forces I was not up for more Germans, but can't help being drawn into a project.  So why not East Front Italians. I have 4 squads with support troops and a few AFV's.  Here is my start of one squad.  I again wandered down the contrast road.  My pallet is limited, yet I did have Space Wolf grey so why not.  I like how they turned out and will help in completing them in a somewhat expeditious fashion.   





I didn't add snow to the bases.  For some reason if I play with figures with snow on the base they just look wrong on a non-snow table.  So I gave these the tundra look and to me they can be seen on a snow table or not.  My brain on miniatures.  Scary thing. 





A bit of a run around the studio. 


 

Potential points.

13 x 28mm             = 65
1 x 54mm               = 10
Limo ride                = 20
Sci-Fi set                = 20

Total                        =115 pts
plus 2 bonus points! = 117

Thanks for looking.

Minion Miles: Wow great job - especially for Gorg, who earns you a bonus point for the basing.  Plus because your are obviously a person of supreme erudition and taste - as evidenced by your use of the Ravensfeast ruleset we put out at LWTV, another bonus point has been awarded.  May others follow your most admirable example.







20 comments:

  1. These are all awesome, but my favourite has to be that Ogre. He has a definite old school Ogryn look to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. The Ogryn look definitely draws me to him.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely (and diverse) set of miniatures. I particularly like the 'chicken boy' and the stonking Ogre. I also appreciate the often overlooked Eastern Front Italians. Poor b@stards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. One has to pity the troops who followed the little corporal or Il Duce anywhere.

      Delete
    2. Totally. They either were shot, froze or melted in the sun. Again, poor b@astards...

      Delete
  3. Great work on the Italians. Dont see enough of them in BA due to their rules, so its nice to see some painted up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice mixed bag you've presented us with, Bruce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking varied entry! The ogre kind of steals the show, but others are good, too! Nice action shot of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a variety pack. I like the chicken boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking mixed bag, the Italians are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Italians. They look great but I'm afraid they'll be in for a world of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great set of models. Adding civilians as window dressing for a table always makes things more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ogre its superbly done

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like civilians in our worlds, and the Italians are great- but the ogre is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorg is obviously gorgeous. Also like the chicken boy however. And the Italians. And the other civilians. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking Grog, Bruce. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very characterful selection here, great work :)

    ReplyDelete