Tuesday 24 January 2023

From MartinC: A whole load of random stuff, some studios and a limo ride (390pts)

 After the trauma of 10mm tartan I've had a week of painting 28mm figs before beginning 10mm Winged Hussars!

1st up a Limo ride to Under construction. We have recently started to play Necromunda, in the 1st game I wiped out all of Dave's gang but for a punk armed with a welder. At which point he annihilated my entire gang. I may hate Necromunda.

I'm being the Palatine Enforcer gang and had a few Hasslefree figures but needed a few more.


These 4 will complete the gang and the 3 female Enforcers will give me a limo ride to "Under Construction"

Hasslefree are always nice figures to paint and unusually for Hasslefree the women have clothes on.

So there we are ready to go, and them James bought me a real Enforcer gang for Christmas

10 figures of the XIII Precinct, named in honour of the challenge and the assaulted precinct

All the characters are named after characters and actors in "Law and Order"

Next up a group of Copplestone Neo Soviets.

Don't really know what to do these and only painted them because I squirted out too much white, a lot too much white

They are great figures though and will get some action somewhere

A few years ago I started a WW1 Turkish army, mainly Woodbine designs. But they don't sell cavalry, in fact almost no one sells WW1 Turkish Cavalry. It took me a couple of years to find some

Tiger Miniatures Early war Turkish Cavalry. Not the best figs but they are OK

So these are my visit to the Under Construction Studio

I also picked up 3 Turkish commanders from Col Bill but can't remember the manufacturer but they are fairly chunky

I have a thing for Kings of War, it is a fun and mad set of rules. I fight historical battles using it but it is mainly aimed at Fantasy. I have a fairly large African army with painted warriors etc. I wanted to beef them up

With a unit of Savage Core Chimpanzees. These will act as berzerkers, throwing poop as they charge forward


Or showing their bums.

Finally off to the High Adventure Studio. If you of my generation the French Foreign Legion is the ultimate in high adventure. The most romantic of all regiments. So for High Adventure I haven't painted them

Instead I painted some support for them, Trialleurs Algerien.

These are beautiful figures from the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company, with massive packs


So the Scores on the doors

28mm infantry = 46x5 = 230
28mm Cavalry = 10x10 = 100
Limo ride = 20
Under construction = 20
High Adventure = 20

total = 390pts


Well, that is a big bag of pick 'n mix, Martin. You've definitely been busy this past week. 

Tamsin

27 comments:

  1. Wow! You should be competing in the Squirrel duel... great submission today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'm banned from the squirrel duel, it would be a massacre

      Delete
  2. Wow, random is your middle name Martin. Only you paint figures because you squeezed out too much white! Love the chimps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, have loads of figures like that. I also love the chimps

      Delete
  3. Blimey, this weeks hobby butterfly hat must go to yourself. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Wargames butterfly . But that’s a new one - I squirted out too much paint so I need to start a new project .l FFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I too have started things purely because I don't want to waste paint that's sitting on the palette. Great schwack of minis, Martin. Love the be-fezzed cavalry. You are a machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, waste not want not. Love my Turkish army

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Martin a real mix of figures, good to see the Turks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the Turks have only fought once and won

      Delete
  7. Superb effort and brushwork!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great collection, Martin! I particularly like the Turkish cavalry and the chimpanzees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work Martin

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive output! Good work on the Turkish cav.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We should get together...I just spilt a whole bottle of Vallejo violet brown in my palette! 🤣
    I like them all, but the neo sov and enforcers are really nice. I love the hassellfree minis, I need to aquire some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't know what I would paint violet brown. Hasslefree are fab, I own loads and have more to paint

      Delete
  12. You were certainly right with the word random. Great work Martin.

    ReplyDelete