Tuesday 24 January 2023

From MattW: Lady Sarah, Fantasy, Swords and Sandals, Yellow Brick Road, Gift Shop (302 points)

 Lady Sarah Limo, Fantasy, Swords and Sandals, Yellow Brick Road, Giftshop

A busy week at the desk, almost 5 days with 8 hours a day, getting sick of painting Romans, but I have nearly broken their back…never again attempt 80 miniatures at once rather than batchs… so a break next week after I post the remainder and a change of gears to ww2. I have completed the Green studios so I am heading into the Blue for a turn about. 





Lady Sarah




First up up A ride in Lady Sarah’s limousine if possible from Under Construction to Fantasy, I offer one cranky german…”my wife found out I purchased more models” ..miniature from the Foundry Germanic range. 

28mm Female Miniature 5 points,
Lady Sarah limo ride 20 points

Fantasy Studio 








I think this is the second Gandalf GW I have painted, the first is dismounted in my sons collection and this is where this one will end up also. A lovely sculpt, although the Shadowfax miniature may sag with weight  as time goes on. 
Mounted 28mm miniatures 10 points
Fantasy studio 20 points  


Swords and Sandals Studio

What is more epic than a Roman units in a  story…..




Maximus Mounted with Bob, again I am not a fan of this sculpt, very small compared to the rest of the Warlord range, I think I will gift this to one of my gaming mates 
28mm Mounted figure and Bob 15 points







A Roman Ballista again from Warlord games
3 28mm figures figs artillery piece 25 points 





Four scorpions from Warlord Games 
12 28mm figures and four artillery 100 points





An Onager again from Warlord Games 
3 28mm figures and artillery piece 25 points 

Sword and Sandals Studio 20 Points

Points for Swords and Sandals studio
28mm Roman’s 165 points
Studio 20 points 

Yellow brick road





Then a stroll down the yellow brick road, a repainted matchbox car ready for car wars

20mm vehicle 1x 20mm figures 15 points + 4 points figure 
Yellow Brick Road  20 points 

Gift Shop




A visit to the Gift shop, a fine gift for my online Scottish fellow red headed friend JamesM, 
I hear he is a fan of Spear Chuckers (lol) so I thought a fitting figure for his collection! 

28mm A fine Red Haired Germanic Chieftain miniature 5 points 
Gift Shop 20 points 

Total points

Lady Sarah Limousine                                                    25 points
Fantasy studio                                                                 30 points
Swords and Sandals                                                      185 points
Yellow Brick Road.                                                        39 points
Gift Shop                                                                        25 Points

Total Points.                                                                 304 points

Side  Duel
SPQR total points                                                        165 points


Cheers
Matt


Well, those Romans are the star of this show, Matt! Lovely artillery. Just one little correction to your points claim - the driver of that "carrocodile" is a half figure and gets half points.

Tamsin

28 comments:

  1. Some excellent stuff, Matt! Not bad for a full working week 😉. I really like that Roman artillery, although your Gift figure is also great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like the onager the best, it is a lovely model, the ballista has a few problems it is a bit too heavy a wider platform would have fixed that.

      Delete
  2. Great selection, love the Roman artillery park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter always love painting artillery!

      Delete
  3. Well done Matt, great artillery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post today! I specially like the Roman Artillery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see all the stuff you've been doing on the paint and chats come to fruition Matt! And thank you for the gift, it's my favourite model in my spear chucking collection (which has just increased in size by 100%...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! The Gandalf/ Shadowfax is a nice exercise in whites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, I really enjoyed it, the wet palette and drying retarder comes into its own on blending like this.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, still flogging myself on Roman’s though …..

      Delete
  8. Fantastic mix of figures and genres. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart, I have been really enjoying the side studio pieces, it has helped break the monotony of Roman’s

      Delete
  9. some really cool stuff here, great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking varied entry but the Roman artillery is ace, I'm with you on the Roman general, my version wasn't a very clean cast either but yours has painted up nicely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would say one of the most disappointing Roman sculpts for a long time

      Delete
  11. Great work Matt on a wide variety of minis. I'm particularly taken with the large Roman ballistae. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sup rising lt easy to assemble but very top heavy, o completed a second one but then realised that I had it back to front when painting, it has been pushed back in the schedule now

      Cheers
      MattW

      Delete
  12. A great selection of figures Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Matt, so many good figures!

    ReplyDelete