Tuesday 24 January 2023

From PeteF: Skeleton Warriors for SAGA [Books](100 points)

 


This is my second skellie entry from a box of Wargames Atlantic fantasy skeletons - the have a Jason & The Argonauts feel about them so that's the book I'm basing this studio entry on.


In SAGA the elite units are Hearthguard and it costs 1 point for 4 figures.  Warriors are the middle of the road units and these will be 2 points of foot warriors in the game.  I'm planning a unit of bow warriors.  The box of 32 figures will provide 5 points - almost a whole 6 point warband. Many players like to play SAGA Age of Magic with 8 points - so I'll be on the lookout for some undead creatures that will fit into this vaguely Greek themed war band.  They also have a special unit - The Mindless - which might form my Arthouse entry.


It's a fairly simple paint job based on Ushabti Bone/soft tone and some highlighting - I'm thinking dry brushing might have been more effective than layering.



I might also find a way to put these on a Kings of War base - each 25mm base has a magnet so it shouldn't be too much trouble.



Tamsin - I'm claiming another studio and it's technically out of order because I'm still using the old map - being a grumpy old geyser, resistant to change, it can be hard for me to alter course once it's set.  That said, I promise to get another green studio done in the near future!

16 x 28m figure plus a studio for 100 points.

Skullz +16 for a total of 25 Skullz 


Another nice batch of skels, Pete. I'll allow you to get away with your current route plan, but you'd better get that fourth Green zone studio done soon...

On another note, please can you try to remember to include your "handle" in the post title and to reset your photos to "large".

Tamsin

32 comments:

  1. Nice figures. Do like the choice of red for spears really contrasts well with the bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian - I'm trying to up my colour game!

      Delete
  2. Lovely skelebobs, as Ian says the spears need that contrast to really pop. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely painted. I'm playing a lot of Saga recently but haven't tried yet the fantasy book. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benito - yes, Age of Magic is excellent - but different. The factions are a bit generic and there aren't many of them. The Magic isn't over powered - which is great - and it has an innovative system. Plays better at 8 points than 6.

      Delete
  4. Lovely skellies and the spears are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking skeletons,love the spots of colour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great. You need a Medea figure to help Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - hmmm - doing the Greeks and playing them as Great Kingdoms would be fun - another project?

      Delete
  7. Red spear staffs! Nice skeletons, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mob of skellies, Pete. Barks will be pleased with the additional skulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. SKULZ! I have a bit of a Skulz cheat up my sleeve if I can find it - a 3D printed wall of skulls for spooky terrain.

      Delete
  9. Great work and the red spears really pop!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  10. The skeletons look very nice with their red spears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Peter, the red spear shafts are a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liking those Peter, the wargames Atlantic look good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - I'm a fan of the WA stuff - wish I had more time to try painting all of it. Still wondering when the Death Fields rules are coming out.

      Delete