Thursday 9 February 2023

From ByronM: Mixed Bag of projects (77 Points)

For this weeks entry I have a wide variety of pieces that I was working on cleaning up for the last little while, I thought I would have more done, but work and real life got in the way yet again.... 

First up, another vehicle to use in my "chariot" game with Orks and Imperial vehicles from the 40k universe, as after all neither Orks nor Imperials shoot much better than a chariot mounted archer, so why not!

This is another of the Wargames Exclusive miniatures that I bought years ago when I started this project and then just got side tracked.  I think it looks a little bat mobile esq so I went with a metallic black base and then added the normal bronzes and reds that many imperial or inquisition vehicles have.  I think it came out looking ok, even though it is a bit dark.

Next up is my entry for the High Adventure Cinema space, and he is my Dwarf Caster for Frosthaven.  I am using him as the entry for this space as every time I look at him I hear either "Let my people go" or "Thou shall not pass"...  It can't be just me, this sculpt does have a Charleton Heston 10 commandments or a Gandolf vs Balrog look doesn't he?  Maybe I am just losing it....


He is a 3d printed model that I picked up on myminifactory and I have a few more from the same sculpter being worked on and nearing completion.

Next up is a board game piece from a new game that my group has fallen in love with, Aeon Tresspass: Odyssey.  The game mechanics are heavily inspired by Kingdom Death: Monster which is my all time favourite game, but also has a huge choose your own adventure type story element, all set in ancient Greece after the gods have been killed by the Primordials.  

 
You wake up not knowing who you are with a crew on the argonaut and have to "pilot" giant Titans to fight the Primordials and try to save the world.  The combat is a little ligher than KD, but the story element is about 10x what KD has, and it is amazing.

Anyway, this is the first of the giant primordials that you fight, the mighty Hekketon.  He is from a race called the centemains and is basically a huge ball or arms and fists that tries to beat the hell out of you.  It is a crazy hectic fight that is always entertaining.  I painted him in the same manner as the Weeping Angels I did a few weeks ago and then added some grey and blue on the main fists to give a magic enchanted look (hopefully). He is a pretty big model being mounted on a 50mm base!

 

Lastly, I have the characters for my 10mm Kings of War Salamander army all done.  


There are 3 mages, 2 minor ones and a major one being carried by some giant Lizards.  I did the Skinks (smaller ones) in bright colours in a similar way as what lizards were done in old school Fantasy Battle.


I also did two combat salamader battle captains, one of which is a smaller lizard ridding on the shoulders of a titan, and the other is a Clan Lord on foot.

Last of the characters is a Clan Lord riding a giant lizard into battle.  This one was a lot of fun to paint as I always wanted a carnisaur in WFB but never got around to getting one, so at least I did one here.


And now that I have a full playable standard 2000 point army, here it is in all it's tiny scaley glory.  There will be a few more units added at some point, but this is the core and completely playable as it stands.


As for points, it's a real mixed bag this week that doesnt add up to a whole lot, but it is what it is...

- Inquisitors Vehicle - 28mm vehicle - 20 points
- 28mm Dwarf - 5 points + 20 points for High Adventure
- Hekketon - 28mm Monster - 20 points
- Lizard Characters - 9x 10mm infantry + 1x 6mm monster - 12 points

For a grand total of 77 points.

From TeemuL: Hekketon surely is handy when fighting some argonauts and that dwarf-Gandalf looks business. I already praised your 10mm KoW army in Steve's post, but it surely looks nice all together. Mixed bag out of the way and now you can focus on something new, right?

9 comments:

  1. Cracking stuff Byron! The 10mm lizzies look much bigger than they are. Nice batmobile too. I wonder who got closer to unleashing the lawyers, DC or GW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Byron! The car turned out great and I really like your 10mm Lizardmen. I look forward to trying that Aeon Tresspass. And my vote is for Charlton Heston. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of stuff Byron. I think we’ll be prying that staff from the wizards cold dead hands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mixed bag, the car is great but " just call me Chuck" Heston is splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all excellent Byron - but nobody can find games with more disturbing figures than you!

    I love these cars, and the Lizardmen are amazing too - great projects Byron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good stuff! However, I like your 10mm lizardmen most. Great work!

    ReplyDelete