Tuesday 28 February 2023

From MattW: Imperial Romans XI Legion (150 points)

  Imperial Romans XI Legion

The next two cohorts are off the table, again Wargames Foundry Miniatures. I will need to pause now on my XI Imperial Roman Legion as I need to purchase some more command miniatures. I require 6 centurions, three standard bearers and three hornists which I plan to pick up next weekend. Happy with my main project so far for the challenge and I can see the end on the horizon. 

For the remainder of March I will now concentrate on the Germanic tribesmen, some Napoleonic, and Cold War miniatures (as DaveD needs some competition) with lots of airbrushing work ahead. 


cohort X, XI legion, the left of the line …..you are the flank of the legion







Cohort V, XI Legion





28mm x 30 miniatures @ 5 points = 150 points

cheers
MattW



Are you planning to do every Roman legion, Matt? It certainly seems like it! These two cohorts make a great start to this legion.

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely splendid Roman legionarys!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, they certainly look the business!

      Cheers
      MattW

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Matt looking forward to seeing more hairy Germans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those veteran Foundry sculpts still look the business. Nice looking cohorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite early Imperial sculpts

      Cheers
      MattW

      Delete
  4. Very crisp looking romans,Matt! They look impressive ranked up. I like the freehand on CohortV too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, ready to stamp on the turnip blight

      Delete
  6. Excellent work, Matt, great painting and I really like the big bases. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I'm all for Wargames Foundry Romans, rather than Victirix

    ReplyDelete