Tuesday 28 February 2023

From MattW: Napoleonic Prussians (40 points)

 Napoleonic Prussian Landwehr and Fusiliers

As the current flavour at the club is Napoleonics' I have commenced the completion of my stash of Prussian Miniatures. These figures were from the Elite Miniature range which has a lot of character and I like when they are in big units as they have that movement and character of ranked units. I have two more battalions, a dragoon regimen, two hussar regiments and two batteries of guns to complete the stash. I do need to purchase another brigade so I can have a full division but they will be Calpe I think. 

Skirmish Fusiliers

Prussian fusilier skirmishers 




28mm miniatures x 8 @ 5 points = 40 points

total points = 40 points

cheers
MattW



OK, this is Matt's third entry of the day - there may be one more to come. Nice Prussians, mate!

Tamsin

14 comments:

  1. wasn't expecting these, very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did plan to complete the Landwehr also, but went out most of Saturday and today also.

      Delete
  2. The Prussians look excellent, Matt! In addition to the brushwork I like the clear buddy teams indicated on the basing....very nice touch! From the handbook of Roger's Rangers buddy teams were encouraged with one firelock always loaded and ready till their partner had reloaded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like to base them in pairs, I still have another four figures to complete for these before commencing the marching fusiliers.

      Cheers
      MattW

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Adam, Napoleonic’s are my first love, followed by Roman’s

      Delete
  4. Ha, more fine Elite Prussians. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking Napoleonic Prussians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely painted and based!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Nappys. Always eye catching and worth the work. These are very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on these Prussians. One of the back rankers seems to have it in for a front ranker, he's aiming squarely at the middle of his back. The tag team lading and shooting was a common feature of Napoleonic skirmishers.

    ReplyDelete