Thursday 16 March 2023

From Curt: 10mm Empire Crossbowmen (24 Points)

My thanks to Teemu not only for allowing me to horn-in with his Thorsday crew, but also for his excellent work minioning his charges during the Challenge. Teemu, we all appreciated your thoughtful opinions and insightful (and humorous) commentary. I  especially enjoyed your Finland Facts and related emojis. Thanks again for all your help - it was very much appreciated.

______________________________________

I'll continue on with my gratuitous Empire schtick with a unit of plucky crossbowmen.

The original GW models for these units were designed around 2-man strips, which look great on the small Warmaster bases, but I wanted to take advantage of the larger real estate of the 'To the Strongest' style bases I'm using. These allow me to array them in a more natural looking (at least to my eye) ragged skirmish line.

Again, I found the base with just the figures on it to be a little wanting, so I quickly printed off a ruined cottage and a small field to give it some oomph. (I'm sure there are some turnips in there somewhere.)

A pic of the force as it stands now. 

I have one more unit and that will close my Empire streak for this Challenge. It's a big mob, so we'll see if I can get it done for tomorrow.

For scoring, this base has 24 crossbowmen for 24 points.

Thanks for dropping in for a look!

- Curt

From TeemuL: Good looking addition to your force, the primary colours usually work well and in this loose unit they are nicely visible. The addition of terrain features to the base is a nice touch, the pile of rocks looks almost like a stone-turnip-golem...

Minioning has been a nice task, it has been good to give something back to this wonderful community which sees me to push my output - not necessarily quality, but at least quantity. :) I'm looking forward to your fibal entry/entries, while I work on mine.

14 comments:

  1. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, Curt. Wonderful painting as always, but the dressed up base is a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn! They are a lot of fun to work on.

      Delete
  2. Excellent crossbowmen but the terrain raises the base to a whole new level!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely teeny-scale Empire stuff, Curt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one more to come before the conclusion. :)

      Delete
  4. They look great. Love the fully terraformed bases you’re creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin good dude! Thankfully the turnips are so small as to be invisible! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Indeed. I think folks may be a bit turniped out. ;)

      Delete