Thursday 16 March 2023

The Last Thor's Day, Thank you!

The spring is coming and white nights will follow! And the Challenge is almost over. Thank you very much, each of you! My Thor's day crew, fellow minions, all the participants, Snowlord Curt and Lady Sarah, it has been a pleasure and my painted minis pile has grown a lot.

:whitenights:

WHITE NIGHTS

We are alive!

It is sunny when you get up and it is sunny when you go to bed. Imagine walking home from a bar at 4 am and it’s as sunny as when you woke up 20 hours before. Who would want to (or need to) sleep when the days are endless and the light is white? Warning: love is in the air at this time of year – most of the Finnish babies are born nine months after juhannus, the midsummer festival.

--- End of Finn talking about Finland ---

What we have for the last Thor's Day...

  • ScottC is thinking about the future and heirs, what else Emperor's Children could mean?
  • PeterD is all about continuation, working again on those lovely Picts!
  • MikeW is naturally here, some Orks of course and lots of more!
  • LeeH is keeping his focus, if I need to tell you what he has for us, you haven't been paying attention!
  • There are few more in the pipeline (no Turnips, though), let's see what they are all about!
Update: The combined target of Team Thor's Day was 10550 and after today's posts the combined points of Team Thor's Day is 10569. Some have passed their target, some are still working on it, but in average the Team works like a clock, I'd say. :)

8 comments:

  1. You've done a great job of minioning, Teemu - have a brilliant final Thor's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have done already all the minioning I can, but there is more to come, I'm sure. I'm rather busy today, so rest of the post will be handled in the evening (my time).

      Delete
  2. Teemu, thanks for this 3-month immersive educational tour about the far northern lands of Finland. Now I should be able to travel there and act as native, no one would notice (except that I may be shorter and less blonde than the average) XD
    Great performance as minion, I have enjoyed your weekly posts (almost) as those of Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! If you can behave like a native, it is always a bonus, but Finns are used to foreigners and most of us speak at least two languages, some three, four or more. Welcome, and give me a message, if you actually visit Finland someday. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for herding our cats for us Teemu. I’ve enjoyed your Finnish facts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them, Thor's Days have been pleasures!

      Delete
  4. You've done us great service, Teemu. I LOVED your Thorsday Finnish Factoids. Its been a weekly treat over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, now you all might better understand our small country. And I take this as "you have been chosen as a volunteer for the next year!" :)

      Delete