Thursday 16 March 2023

From AndrewB: Christmas surprise! (55pts)

It’s been far too long!   I missed a week, but I still got some hobbying done!   In the true Christmas spirit(late, I know), I’ve made some folks to fight in a very odd conflict.   First, we have Chris Kringle and his brother Dingle!

They’re joined by three elves, armed with various blunt instruments and a crossbow!

Next are a group of Christmas Gobbos, ready to bludgeon their foes before eating their weapons! 


These boys were 3D printed, and are even partly modular, which is pretty cool!   Their aesthetic is close enough that I painted them in a similar manner, maybe they might fight under Dingle Kringle at some point in the future!  Also, painting candy canes is terrible.  Happy I’m done with that.  

Lastly, a group photo of the residents of my Christmas battlefield that I’ve finished up so far   I’m liking how it’s shaping up   


Lastly, I have some pictures of another large model I painted as a gift to someone, a 3D printed Lady Justice!   These pictures are the final WIP shots, but I forgot to take final pictures after I mounted her on the plaque, and now she’s on his shelf!   No points, but still cool to see!  




I’ll have that final challenge from the Director’s chair done in the next couple days, so be ready!

From TeemuL: Good to have you back Andrew (I had to make some investigations, since in true Christmas spirit this post had no name or labels, but Finnish Elfs are very good helpers of our Santa)! Christmas, it will be again, quite soon. Almost as soon as the next AHPC. Very nice gobbos and nice Lady Justice. Are you sure you don't want any points of her?

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff, I do like lady justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d call it early, nothing wrong with that, almost time for Challenge XIV! Great Christmas figures, and Lady Justice is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martijn's right, you're just 9 months early for Christmas. ;) Love the Justice figure too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas figures and blind justice is excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Winter Warband, and Justice is great!

    ReplyDelete