Saturday 23 December 2023

From MilesR: Tactical Santa - the First Entry for Challenge XIV (25 Points)

 

OK, the Painting Gods seem to be conspiring against me as our power goes out as I'm taking these pictures.  Still the show must go on.  So the lighting's really poor as we're running off the genny.   


My first entry this year is one full of Holiday Cheer and Hot Lead for those on the Naughty List - Why it's Good ole Tactical St Nick.  He's a jolly old elf with a carbon black SAW.

This is a 28mm figures I bought on Etsy.  The model is 3D printed in Resin and came with another second figure that didn't have the night vision.  I painted that one up earlier for my Holiday club game "The Night The Reindeer Died". Sadly I didn't have a Lee Majors figure for that game.  Bonus points to you if you get the reference.
This figure was painted using the Army Painter "Speed Paints".  I'm still experimenting  both how to use these paints and also how to undercoat - this figure was primed black that them lightly sprayed from above with white.  I think the kids call that "zenithal".  It can out a bit too dark but that's likely due to me not really have a honed priming process.
To continue the Holiday cheer, I'm going to try and stretch the boundaries of the Challenge Libray's Dewey Decimal system and cram this figure between the covers of a Fantasy book.  How? Santa is a mythical figure but I suspect there are a few people on his naughty list that really deserve lead over coal.  I think we can agree that Santa would make a splendid Spec Ops Elf.  He does come with his own vertical insertion team....


Ho, ho, ho, indeed.


Anyway that's one 28mm figures and one rather raggedy Fantasy book for a cool 25 points to start.   I'm hoping to be somewhat productive this challenge and you'll be seeing some 28mm Skirmish figures and A LOT of 10mm figures from me - especially Russo-Japaense War.  Oh one other thing my lovely wife got me a laster cutter for Christmas so there may be some custom terrain..........  

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all of you and your families!

(I'll try to take better pictures in the future)

___________________________________

Merry Christmas Miles, and welcome back to the Challenge, which has become a long-running tradition of its own.

I like your Tactical Santa, though he is a bit off in the distance. Probably for the best, really. He does have a SAW, and I'm not sure where I stand on his Naughty or Good List. I do like his tactical kneepads - I imagine they would be handy for those hard to manage chimneys and kneeling under trees. 

Great work Miles! I hope your power comes back on soon so you can enjoy your laser cutter and a fully electrified Holiday Season. 

- Curt


20 comments:

  1. Great looking psycho santa!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your power is back on soon. That's one 'out there' model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - it’s miles in Glorious 28mm a long way away ! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3D printing is really expanding the universe of available figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flashbangs down the chimney...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Miles! I got that mini as an extra in a bunch of prints I ordered off EBay. I wasn’t too enthralled with it until I saw yours, and I may have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when one paints with ones fingers, it's best to take long distance photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d prefer coal over what this Santa might deliver. Nice fast work Miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that's why , Prof Douglass, YOU are on the Naughty list

      Delete
  9. Very Christmassy. Yikes Tactical Santa. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great renditon of Santa mate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When he asks if you've been good the answer better be Sir YES Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tactical Santa. Really? Two days into the Challenge and we are already firmly on the road to madness. Great start Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. there's something rather messed up with this model but I love it and it makes me laugh, just to funny Santa with weapons. Woo Woo bang

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good start Miles, it is a neat looking figure I will pick him up myself I think .

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of the Tactical Santa.

    ReplyDelete