Saturday 17 February 2024

From SylvainR: Tray 8 - 6mm Early WW2 Polish Tanks (64 points)

This week's tray contains a battalion of polish tanks. These miniatures sat unpainted in their original boxes for decades. It was one of those side project that never got to fruition... until now.

First, here is a company of "7TP dw". The designation means "7-ton, Polish". These tanks were inspired by the British Vickers 6-ton tank and feature two turrets armed with machine guns. Only 16 were produced, so I guess you see here all but one of the full production. The Company HQ is a 7TP jw because I had only 15 models of the dw variant.

 

All the miniatures are from CinC.

 

I did the typical 3-color camouflage pattern of the early WW2 Polish army.

 

Next is a company of "7TP jw". This version of the 7TP had a 37mm gun with a co-axial machine gun in a single turret and was a much serious treat to the early German panzers. Models are a mix of GHQ and CinC.

 

The groundwork is identical to the one I used for my French army. This tank battalion of 7TP tanks could be complemented with Renault FT-17.

This time, I did a better job at fitting the models in the tracks, so they don't look like they are floating above the ground.

Points claimed:

- 32x 6mm vehicles at 2 points each = 64 points

Total = 64 points

This will also count towards the "Really Little Guys" duel.

Thanks for reading!

Very nice work here Sylvain! I always think of "TP" as standing for "toilet paper" and this may be apropos as the Poles got pretty much "wiped out" in '39. Thank you, I'll be here all week...

But seriously, these look great in their camo and I'm happy to add 64 points to your tally!

Dallas


 

11 comments:

  1. I love the clearing out the old stuff vibe ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on these, Sylvain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again excellent work on these wee tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another side project nailed. Great work on these little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these little tanks. Good luck vs the panzers

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, but i can feel your frustation: I almost, almost, painted all of the ever produced, but no. Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb work on these Poles, my friend! Dallas, your TP joke is a real groaner (but I still loved it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I like the camo pattern!

    ReplyDelete