Saturday 17 February 2024

From ChrisW: Still more 15mm Mercenary Sci-fi vehicles [104 points]

So, something of a SNAFU in this weeks painting plans. I had primed up 30 some odd vehicles for this week, but, I am guessing that I somehow failed to wash all of them. So after I had spray primed them I sat down to get started and as I picked up one of the APCs, the primer started to flake off. Now thankfully it did not happen to all of them (13 kept their primer)  but it happened to enough of them to hamper my weekly production.

So, I spent some time this week stripping the affected vehicles and possibly some vehicles that were not impacted, better safe than sorry. The end result is that I only have the 13 vehicles pictured here ready for this Saturday.

These are mostly Brigade Model vehicles. The two APCs are from Alternative Armies. The big APC was the test subject for the camo pattern, but when it came to painting the rest of the vehicles I flipped the streaks to run lengthwise along the vehicles. The colours were inspired by some classic GW camo styles, I just went a little brighter/lighter with the green.

 The heavies



Medium tanks



Support/HQ


APC command vehicles

Alternative armies APCs


So the totals

  • 104 points for 13x 15mm vehicles (8 points each)

Squirrels this post +1

Squirrels to date [7]

  • Hammers Slammers
  • Ikwen alien infantry
  • Hanuman (Alien) vehicles 
  • New Swabian league armoured vehicles 
  • Rats
  • Scarabs 
  • Mercenary Sci-fi vehicles
Chris, these 15mm AFVs look absolutely fantastic! I love the camo scheme you've done on them, looks really cool.

104 points for you!

Dallas

11 comments:

  1. Great looking models. Your 15mm stuff is a lot of fun. I like the camo scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent camo. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice clean and consistent camouflage scheme across all of your tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and camo and detailing. We’ve all been there on the primer fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great; love the camo scheme, well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, and I like the pops of red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the camo scheme, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Primer fails suck, big time. Nonetheless, these vehicles are your usual high standard. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liking the camo, nice work on those

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, as others have said the camo is great!

    ReplyDelete