Tuesday 12 March 2024

From Curt - Oni Shamans for 'Hametsu' - Sarah's Book Cart (34 Points)

 

Another small addition to my fantasy Japanese collection for 'Hametsu'. Here are two Oni demon shamans.

These are 3d prints from MyMiniFactory. I scaled them to 40mm to fit in with my other Oni baddies. They will provide some much need spell-casting for the Oni villains.

This rather elegant female shaman is from Lord of the Print. Unfortunately the facial detail was a bit soft, and I tried my best to help it along with the brush, but to no avail. Still, a lovely model to work on.

I will claim her for a trip on Sarah's Book Cart to the Giftshop where I'll be meeting up with Lady Sarah for a co-authored entry!

This hipster male oni shaman is from Kyoushuneko Miniatures.

These two 40mm villains will give me a base of 14 points plus another 20 for Sarah's Book Cart, for 34 points total.


Thanks again Martijn for shoehorning me in for this entry!

- Curt


It is always a pleasure to have you dropping by, Curt, and this contribution is no exception. Both figures are great, I think you did a very fine job on the female shaman, but the hipster villain really takes the biscuit for me. He looks like he's on his way to yoga class, doesn't he? A very nice figure, and an expert paint job as always. Off you are to the Gifts Shop then, with another 34 poinys in the pocket!

Martijn

24 comments:

  1. Great work Curt. Lovely female Oni but hipster Hellboy is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. More adversaries for you to overcome! (But only after you complete your 'Downward Facing Dog'.) :)

      Delete
  2. "Hipster male oni shaman" - this is how you know you have come to the right place.

    Lord of the Print - I wonder if GW will sue her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think they're too busy unfulfilling stock orders and supporting unsatisfied customers.

      Delete
  3. Hipster hellboy is a great description for a your wonderfully painted demon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tom! I bet you he rides a fixie bike too. ;)

      Delete
  4. These are smashing, that make Oni has such a great pose! It’ll perhaps make the players feel not so bad when he rains the Magick down upon them….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! He's the kind of Oni that listens to vinyl and drinks craft beer. :)

      Delete
  5. Great looking pair of Japanese demons!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours on the woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. She's a wonderfully willowy figure.

      Delete
  7. wouldn't want to meet either of them in a dark ally actually wouldn't want to bump into them anywhere, they look great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking job. Love the reds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another excellent pair of Oni, I love how smooth you made that red skin look!

    ReplyDelete