Marv from Sin City
I'd say that he's a marvelous antihero (see what I did there?).
- He's got that heroic square jaw.
- He gets very drunk.
- He'll do anything to help a friend.
- He's an ugly beggar, made more ugly by all the scars.
- He won't hurt women.
- He doesn't have any problem using violence , even in everyday encounters.
- He falls in love with dangerous dames.
- He frequently discovers he's killed people and has a hard job remembering having done so and why he did it.
- He has some great lines in the films (and probably in the graphic novels too).
The "Marv" figure is 28mm from Hasslefree; the victim is from the Dixon gangster casualties pack. The figure comes with two different heads, two different right arms, one left arm and the left leg which all need gluing in place.
Oh, and I did them in greyscale - it seemed appropriate.
They got a coat of Klear, then another of matt varnish. The belt, buckle and boot-uppers got a coat of gloss varnish on top of that; the coat, gun and the victim's hair got a coat of satin varnish.
The pics do seem to show something grainy reflecting light. I'm not sure if that's the varnish or maybe dust from when I added the ground texture to the bases.
Some of you may be wondering about the title of the post, It's a quote from Sin City (as distinct from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For).
[Marv's last line, blood pouring from his mouth, after the first shock from the electric chair]
Marv: Is that the best you can do, you pansies?
[They shock him again]