Tuesday 17 January 2017

From Barks- Star Wars Rebellion (128 points)

It's Star Wars Tuesday! My final batch of figures for Star Wars: Rebellion are the rebels. They are significantly outnumbered and outgunned by the Empire!
21 Rebel Troopers

6 Airspeeders

3 Ion Cannon and 3 Shield Generators

8 X-Wings

12 Y-Wings

4 Transports

4 Corellian Corvettes

3 Mon Calamari Cruisers

Most of these were a black wash over a white undercoat and then an off-white drybrush. A dash of black to canopy panels and a splash of colour really help to sell these.

Here are all the game pieces, which I have painted in the past few weeks:
Star Wars: Rebellion

I played two games with my freshly painted figures- won one, lost one. Here's the climax of my first game, as Vader crushes my hidden base on Endor.


Also, it has been warm here recently.


Alan and Paul: Looking at those snowspeeders, I was thinking how nice it would be to be on Hoth right now, rather than sweltering through another unremittingly hot night. These look great, the splashes of colour contrasting nicely with the Imperial ships you have painted in the last couple of weeks. The Y-Wings are definitely my favourite.

36 comments:

  1. What is not to like, superb!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the equivalent of Hoth - it's overrated....

    Great Star Wars stuff Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, so much subtle attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you've managed to do such excellent work in the present heatwave is anyone's guess - you're clearly made of sterner stuff than I am! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely star wars stuff! Corvettes look especially nice.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain! I like the corvettes as well.

      Delete
  6. Awesome work Barks! Like you, I have a soft spot for the Y-Wings as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! I think the snowspeeders are my favourite.

      Delete
  7. Nice work!
    Stop whining about the heat. Don't you southern mob have Air-Cons and ceiling fans like we do up North? ha ha.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in this rental for a few weeks with dodgy AC...

      Delete
  8. I love the texturing and the subtlety of the colour bands on these ships.
    "Mon calamari", is that what that fishy admiral guy drives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a drybrush quite nicely, Padre. His planet and race are Mon Calamari- I don't think they were particularly imaginative at that time!

      Delete
  9. Nice work Barks, great detailing! I second Greg on Hoth, but would rather complain abou my weather than someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter- I don't mind heat but sometimes it gets a little silly.

      Delete
  10. Great looking mini's your work on these really make the game tempting

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ian, by all means give it a tryout.

      Delete
  11. I have an irrational aversion to all things fantasy, but these and your other Star Wars figures really do float my boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray- unreality is a great way to unwind!

      Delete
  12. I feel a disturbance in the Force!

    Those are cracking mate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very sharp looking and really adds to the look of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent stuff, the snowspeeders are my personal favourites and great results all round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great Barks and glad you've had them on the table too

    ReplyDelete