Tuesday 19 February 2019

From TamsinP: In The Clearing Stands A Boxer (10 points)



And he's not the only one!

Just a very small post from me this week. I spent far too much time working on that dirty old tramp, then got hit by a virus over the weekend which left me feeling over-tired. In combination that meant that I wasn't going to finish the larger project I am working on in time for this week's submission. However, it does mean that I will have quite a large submission for you next week.

But on with this week's figures:












These two pugilists are from the "Pugsy Flanagan Goes Down In d'Third" pack from Pulp Figures. The pack also includes a referee, cornerman and manager but I wasn't going to be able to finish them today. I might paint them up for next week.

For scoring, there are two 28mm foot figures, so that should give me a knockout 10 points this week!



I'm shocked! No fifteen mil in sight!! Splendid work on these two pugilists. Skin tones can often be difficult, especially darker tones. Slightly off and it can look completely wrong. Your guys are magnificent though. I certainly wouldn't want to get in front of either of them (its me glass jaw, guv).
Lee

17 comments:

  1. Very nicely done lady P. I'll echo the skin tone comments from above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, I've got the 'Eye of the Tiger' stuck in my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skin tones on both these boxers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed a very nice pair of figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, these look like a theme round entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lee - cheers! I've definitely got much better with skin tones :)
    I'm shocked that you're shocked about the lack of 15mm in this post. I've just checked back and it's been a pretty even split between 15mm and 28mm so far [after taking out 150 points from the 150 bonus rounds scored so far]. ;)

    @ Francis - thanks! :)

    @ James M - cheers! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! :)

    @ Stuart L - cheers! Sorry about the earworm :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @ Martin C - cheers! :)

    @ Brendon - thanks! :)

    @ Sander - cheers! :)

    @ Barks - thanks! Indeed - not sure why I went with the gladiators instead of these for that round :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely minis Tamsin. Bob really did a great job on these sculpts and it shows in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Tamsin! Really like the way their different skin colours came out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Pulp Figures line is a reliable source of material, and you've certainly done these justice - well done, Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ curt - thanks! The sculpts are some of his best I'd say, although looking at the pics I see that I missed a mould line on that jabbing left arm :o

    @ Nick - cheers! Getting the flesh tones looking right wasn't easy, but with so much of it on show I had to do a good job :)

    @ Evan - thanks! They are definitely some of the best character figures on the market :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracking stuff Tamsin - really atmospheric pair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boxers are wonderful, Tamsin! I've had that very set in my hand, but couldn't think of a use for them...I picked up some minion interwar Germans instead!
    To see are some wonderful sculpts and you did them very well!
    I suppose you have illegal boxing to match the illegal booze making in your town! ;)

    ReplyDelete