Tuesday 19 February 2019

From MartinC - Sorry Lee,again, late (130 points)

Mad busy, Feb and March and Sept are mad months at work so only a small post this week

1st up some Victrix Theban hoplites


Got these from Pete in my club. They were a bugger to paint and I have more to do.

2nd up we are putting on a Pulp South Sea island game at Hammerhead in a couple of weeks, come along and play if you are there - there will be blood. Need more jungle and I had kept these sections of wood from when I pruned my clematis

They are beautifully twisted, wish I'd kept more.

Points  
20x28mm infantry = 100
Jungle 1.5 boxes = 30 pts

Today you it was a quick one. Back to watching the football and painting Russians - more next week on that. 

Finally Google+ is dying so I've moved my blog over to blogger only (massive ludite so no clue what I'm doing) If you were a google+ follower of my blog can you refollow using the blogger stuff. If you weren't WHY NOT!!!! 

Love and kisses



A day early is hardly late my friend...and for these, it would be worth the wait anyhow. I'm intrigued, what did you find so hard about the Hoplites...was it those pesky spears? I bet they drew blood as you worked on them! Nice work on the Jungle terrain, always good to see some creative recycling being used.

As for Google+ it isn't dying, its murder, plain and simple. Thankfully I don't use it as a platform for my Blog (I already use Blogger) but there must be plenty like you that found themselves having to make hard decisions.  I'm more than a little dismayed at the rather offhand way its demise was  announced and fear they will do the same with other products they own (like Blogger!). 

Back to the entry...Your bang on with the scores for these. A nice addition to your existing tally. 
Lee

30 comments:

  1. Wish I could be mad busy and at twice my point total...
    Great work on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, need the home balance and I don't have a young and beautiful daughter plotting my demise

      Delete
  2. Great looking hoplites and super looking jungle work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking clematis jungle Martin. I'll have to try that once we're past our snowpocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hoplites and jungle terrain Martin! :)

    ps Happy birthday old bean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, happy birthday Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff Martin, looking forward to seeing the test setup on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Martin. Great looking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hoplites look great. Good idea for the terrain too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnaks, do like making terrain out of real stuff

      Delete
  9. Lovely stuff, that con game sounds brilliant I await the pictures of it in action with anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Greeks look fine for being a pain, I like the pale hues. The trees are really nice though! Grand work, Martin!...and happy belated birthday too!

    ReplyDelete