Tuesday 26 March 2019

PaulO'G AHPC IX - Finished with Main Engines

I suspect I am a rarity amongst Australians as an Ice Hockey fan
Season IX was my fifth Challenge and every year I think its been the most enjoyable one so far!  This year I not only surpassed my goal but set a new PB despite some work travel, which was satisfying.  In terms of other achievements:
It always feels like more when you are doing it, don't you think?
  • I finished two major projects in my 15mm DAK (which I started in AHPC 8) and my "Romanised Orcs", which were a bit of fun.  Also finished my SAGA Irish Warband by finally painting the slingers that have looked accusingly at me for well over a year.
Romanised Orcs I completed during the challenge
  • Got a submission completed in the first 24hrs (meagre though it was)
  • Completed all Bonus Rounds, achieving two Honourable Mentions with my Kradschutzen Platoon (Recon Round) and my rendition of Alan as a grumpy Gladiator Spectator (Sport Round) -  same result as last year!
My 5 Bonus Rounds, Curtgeld and Sarah's Choice all together
  • My first ever submission for Sarah's Choice
  • Got seduced into a new genre by PaulSS's lovely HYW project...
  • Only submitted 2 points towards the Naval Challenge side duel. On the bright side, that is 2 points more than last year!
  • Had a ball :-)
The pie graph is a blatant offering to the AHPC Statics Diety and his Magus.
I also was very pleased to be a part of Curt's 'elite' backstage roadie crew where I filled the slot of Duels Wallah. While there were far less kick-backs than I had anticipated, I was really glad to help put on this amazing activity.

Thanks indeed to Curt for his ceaseless endeavours to put on the premier hobby event of the year, to Lady Sarah for enabling Curt to do so, and to all the Challengers who make this event come to life with their submissions, encouraging comments and positive attitudes.  I'm already planning my projects for AHPC X!

26 comments:

  1. Great output, liked the DAK project very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with it, though I found going back to 15s after lots of 28s to be very difficult!

      Delete
  2. Well done Paul - loved that DAK stuff, always a classic subject for wargaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your unbiased and meritocratic approach to overseeing the duels (an envelope full of unmarked bills should be with you shortly).
    Your DAK looked great, but the Romanised Orcs were the highlight for me. A great idea and nicely executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Stuart.
      (I am still awaiting delivery of said brown bag...)

      Delete
  4. Loved your DAK but I thought your romanised orcs were original and really nicely done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stuff Paul. I really enjoyed all your work, but particularly the Romanized Orks. AND thank you very much for stepping in as Duels Wallah this year - much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Curt - delighted to help shoulder some of the burden in making this awesome activity happen

      Delete
  6. A great collection of figures Paul and well done on the PB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the orcs and the DAK, but am waiting for your naval points bomb!

    My understanding is that true statismagicians don't like graphs, they just want the raw data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bomb is in 1:1 scale so is kind of a nuclear submission, which isn't fair on anyone :-)

      Delete
  8. Well done and a great smile of satisfaction or a Beer buzz perhaps. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sharing the challenge with you Paul! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too mate! Always fun to have a buddy pushing you (in the best of ways) :-)

      Delete
  10. Very nice outpu, I specially liked the DAK submissions

    ReplyDelete