Wednesday 25 December 2019

From TomM: Reidy's Reef - The Regia Marina Sails In (121 Points)

So it is time to start my exploration towards the island core in this year's Challenge Island map.

And I decided to make landfall on Reidy's Reef, to follow from there the route known as The Path of the New Shiney.  And the hours between Christmas parties are just perfect to take the pictures and write the texties...



For this first challenge, the hobby theme has to be naval in kind, and so it is the perfect moment to launch the Regia Marina fleet.



An added benefit to this is the fact I can claim the "New Project" bonus as well, as I bought the models as recent as beginning of November at  our Crisis show, where Nemesis and me decided to try this game out.



But to that end, I painted up the complete starter box for my beloved Italian faction, consisting of the Corvette, the two transport vessels, 4 MAS boats and the aerial support of the single CR42.



Now, I do apologise, but I have no clue how to "score" this submission with the three large 6mm scale boats and the various crew all around the decks together with the smaller MAS and the CR42, so I have to leave this unfortunate job to the Minions I`m afraid...  I know the 30 for the Challenge location, a bonus for a new project, but the models themselves, I`m drawing blanks here... bit like italian firepower during WWII.



But the adventure is a go, see you in the centre!




_____________________________________

Awesome! It's great to see the Italians getting some love for 'Cruel Seas' (Peter will love these). This flotilla looks fabulous Tom. I especially like the corvette's dazzle camo and the distinctive red-and-white striping on all the crafts' bows. It will help keep the Stukas and Macchis away while giving the poor Brits something to aim at. :) 

As to points, we typically give 8 for the smaller craft and treat the larger lumps as 28mm vehicles. I'll also give you 2 points for the aircraft as it's similar to a 6mm vehicle. So, this should put you at a base of 86 points. Add in the bonuses and you get a grand total of 121. A nice little points bomb that. Well done!



15 comments:

  1. Great looking flotilla, nice work on the camo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curt is right (I hate to admit it but that does happen sometimes) i do love these eyeties. Love that Gambians class and your candy and stripes on the forecastles. But most of all I have a big soft for the CR42.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that’s a nice little fleet! I love everything Italian and these are no exception. Really tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these, I do like the Cruel Seas stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work! I like the little details such as the mini crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a bit of Naval, great work on these

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some mighty fine ships, Tom! Nice to see all the detail painted on them and even stringing up National Flags! Stuff like this is what will tempt me into new games. That is some top notch work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome looking fleet you have there mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, Tom, and really nicely painted. You've done great work on the candy stripes on the bows (love how distinctive that looks) and the CR42 is just perfectly placed. I wish you all the luck with this fine flotilla. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete