Sunday 16 February 2020

ChristopherS: Fallschirmjäger MG42 and crew (35pts.)


Pushing forward  with my fallschirmjäger project and perhaps a bit over half way now I figure.Thought it was time to start adding some support elements to my force. First up is a MG42 mounted on a tripod with 5 crew and a junior leader if I decide to include one with the crew.




I based the figures individually for both causality removal and if I wish to take them off their base to place them in more tight places like buildings and such. Another note on basing in that I place my regular troops on 20mm bases but my leaders are on 25mm bases to easier pick them out. The large base is also pretty handy for moving the whole team around.


As usual for my fallschirmjägers I used mostly Vallejo paints and mig pigments followed by AP and highlights to get my results. I added a piece of wood which I painted up and added some moss to further enhance the base.



The figures are all Artizan and are some of my favorite models to paint as they are very painter friendly so I highly recommended them if your looking for models offering easy access for your brush.


I have more fallschirmjäger coming as I'm remarkably still able to keep some focus!



So 6x 28mm figures comes out as 30 pts. to be added to my slowly growing total.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Artizan Designs

Wow, that's a lovely group of Fallschirmjager Christopher.  But what really stands out it that killer basing, love it!  It would be a shame to remove a figure and spoil the impact of that group.  Well done all around, I'm adding 5 points for the scenic effect of the base for a total of 35.  

12 comments:

  1. Holy sh**, great painting, they look fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, the painting is brilliant and your groundwork is the icing on the cake. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful brushwork Christopher and as Greg says, the groundwork is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent painting and lovely basing, Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive painting and clever basing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic painting and wonderful basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work my friend! They’ll fit in nicely with the others. Can’t wait to see them up close, better still see them on the gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sublime Christopher. The variety of tones but they still look like the same force, and wonderful colours groundwork. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some excellent colours mate!

    ReplyDelete