Sunday 16 February 2020

From TomM: Sarah's Balloon: Scrying Pool Spirit (17 pts)

And so it comes that we take the Balloon once again, for the third time already (yes, it is a handy service) to travel to O' Grady's Gulch.

And as a matter of payment, I present this time a piece of 3d printed scenery, the spirit of the pool.


This nice little piece can be found on Thingiverse, and is an upgraded version of the standard scrying pool found in the DutchMogul repository, making a watery spirit materialise out of a scrying pool.

Considering the female forms of the waterspirit, I found it a good moment to paint this piece up in order to have it on my fantasy gaming table in the future.


And to that end, I guess she is worth 5 points like a 28mm figure?  The pool is larger, but nowhere near the needed amount for a cube of terrain anyways.  I also saw someone get some extra points for using the balloon a third time, but as I couldn`t seem to find that anywhere in the "how to count your points", I didn`t add that evidamente.

Next stop, O'Grady's Gulch!

I like this water spirit very much Tom, lots of movement and you done very well with the textural details on a mostly two colour model.  It's a 10 point frequent flyer bonus for your third trip.  Plus I'm scoring this as a 40mm piece given you've tagged it as 32mm and it's bigger than a standard foot figure.  So that makes an untidy but prime score of 17 points.

5 comments:

  1. Good looking water elemental!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Tom :)


    I think only two other people have made the frequent flyer club - Curt (twice?) and Noel. there could be a third, but I don't remember who it might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🎈The Balloon Service is happy to reward Frequent Flyers with 10 bonus points for every third trip and 5points for bubbly beverages... unfortunately, Lady Sarah’s record keeping is a bit slip-shod ( not that the frequent glasses of fizzy drinks have anything to do with it ....🥂).. The Challenger and Minion honour system will suffice 🎈
    And I do believe there is a third Frequent Flyer .... 🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s quite nice from the printer.

    ReplyDelete