Sunday 16 February 2020

From MartinC. Joshua's Dwarven Allies (84pts)

So I'm halfway through the next army For Joshua. Scooty had bought the Dwarf army pack from Pendraken but not had chance to paint them so they were passed on to me and I started them a couple of days to go.
They were a joy to paint with really nice casts and interesting detail

The missle trops come in 3 types. 9 crossmow men. These were the most bring of the figures

7 archers - I gave these some cover

All the Dwarfs are very beardy and have massive noses

9 handgunners

Next up 12 Dwarfs mounted on Shetland ponies - these could be the worst cavalry unit ever and would make better mounted infantry

2 mortars. I put these in a pit and added an extra fig as the guard


2 bombards. I put these behind swing door mantlets made from coffee stirrers

The door pullers are converted spearmen and the commander at the front is the wizard from the army

The play test showed that we need lots of generals and heroes. te general is on the larger stand with the standard bearer and the guy playing a massive alpine horn. I once saw a cow bell marhing band in Switzerland. Trippiest thing ever as the largest bells are the size of a dustbin and hung from the hip

The whole army so far. I have 3 units of warriors to paint but a really cool model arrived in the post yesterday and I'm off to paint that.

Scores on the doors

47 10mm infantry = 47
12 10mm cavalry = 24
4 10mm artillery pieces = 8

So 79pts.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to war we go!  Great army of short people Martin, lots of firepower.  Love the scratch built mantels on the bombards, I've thrown in 5 extra points for those.

13 comments:

  1. Really like the artillery, especially the mantlets, but the whole force is pretty cool. (It seems to me though, that some of these dwarves have been drinking, as they look almost legless to me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did giv them all rosy noses, could be sunburn, could be drink, probably both. I suggest mohitos

      Delete
  2. Another excellent addition to your worthy cause. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Martin - as ever, the help is appreciated. Despite my best efforts challenge island has me painting everything but 10mm stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice; I like the arid basing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking dwarf army, I love the artillery and the mantles are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete