Tuesday 26 January 2021

AndrewB - The Armory (42 points)

 Taking another bit of liberty with an ‘armored’ model, here is a peek at my challenge-long project that I will hopefully complete and post for a big bundle of points before the close of the overall challenge!  A Panzer IV/70!  This is an Old Glory model, from the Berlin or Bust line.  These vehicles really aren’t the best for gaming as they aren’t standouts in any games I’ve played, but they’re cool examples of late war German design, so I figured I would paint one up for a characterful force I’m working up. 



This is my first attempt at camouflage of this pattern, and while I’m not 110% delighted with it, it sure looks good enough for my work.  I’m still getting ahold of painting vehicles in this scale, as opposed to 6 or 15mm, but I could have done far worse by my own approximation.  The crewman painted up easily in SS uniform, although there was a bit of a detail lacking on the uniform, it’s 1944, and less for me to paint, so all the better!

The points for this fella would be 20 for each the 28mm vehicle and challenge chamber, bringing us to 40, I believe. 

Now off to dig up some guards, or a female model to skip them!  Happy painting!

Armour is armour, and this is armour. So, it counts. But you forgot to count the commander figure, so you actually get 42 points for this entry.

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. Great looking pzkfw IV70! Nice camo and its certainly armoured!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Andrew, nicely done

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking armour. The camo pattern came out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something sleek about the IV/70!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a late war German tank destroyer such lovely low profiles, great job on the camo 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, that's what I call a tank! Well done, the camo looks great!

    ReplyDelete